C48 Fight Against Wang Qiang

Everyone in the Fighting Stadium looked in anticipation at Ye Chen and Wang Qiang, who were standing as still as statues waiting for someone to make the first move.

Suddenly, Wang Qiang made the first move of the battle.

Just as Wang Qiang promised, he gave Ye Chen a handicap by only using one of his arms, holding his other one behind him.

The instant Wang Qiang began moving, Ye Chen activated his Shadow Step in response.

Shadow Step was an Advanced Yellow Ranked Martial Technique. Coupled with his Inferior Speed Talent, his speed rivaled that of the speed of sound.

"Shadow Step again!"

Principal Zhang Fenghe and the other teachers had already seen Ye Chen use Shadow Step more than once. On paper, this should have given Wang Qiang the advantage of knowing Ye Chen's movements.

Though he has witnessed it many times prior, Wang Qiang never expected Ye Chen's speed to be as fast as it is when actually fighting him. Despite that, he still managed to catch glimpses of Ye Chen's shadow.

Now is the time!

The moment Wang Qiang saw that a glimpse of Ye Chen, he threw a ferocious punch towards Ye Chen's body, displaying the true power that a Two-star Martial Cultivator could exert with a single punch.

He knew that, as long as he landed a punch on him, Ye Chen would be defeated in an instant, and the battle would come to an immediate end.

To his surprise, however, Ye Chen managed to actually dodge his incoming attack without much trouble.

"Advanced Yellow Ranked Martial Technique, Shadow Step!" Wang Qiang said irritatingly.

Ever since the battle between Ye Chen and Mu Hai, he already knew that Ye Chen successfully cultivated the Shadow Step. Even then, he could not understand how Ye Chen managed to learn a Yellow Rank skill in spite of him still being a True Reserve Martial Cultivator at that time.

The moment Ye Chen dodged Wang Qiang's attack, he quickly followed up with a punch of his own.

Wang Qiang naturally reacted and threw his second punch in retaliation.

In that instant, the two fists clashed heaviliy against each other.

What no one expected was that Wang Qiang was forced dozens of steps backwards and almost tripped over his own foot.

How is this possible!?

Everyone in Fighting Stadium was flabbergasted by the completely unexpected outcome of the clash.

"Ho- how could your strength be so terrifying?" Wang Qiang looked at Ye Chen in shock.

Ye Chen, however, did not waste a single second of his time talking with Wang Qiang. He, instead, raised his palm and struck it out fiercely in Wang Qiang's direction.

"Tiger Cloud Palm!"

The Tiger Cloud Palm was able to strengthen one's palm and emit the roar of a fierce tiger towards its target a certain distance away.

Ye Chen sent a shockwave, leaving behind a mirage of a roaring tiger, straight into Wang Qiang.

Wang Qiang's eyes widened as he immediately raised arms up in an attempt to block the attack. But... how could his bare arms be enough to block the Tiger Cloud Palm at his level of cultivation?

At that moment, the shockwave rushed past Wang Qiang, knocking him over.

*Gasp*

Everyone present was shocked and sucked in a breath of cold air in response.

But if one were to ask who was tshocked the most, it would be without a doubt be the teachers of Anyue Academy.

Zhang Fenghe swallowed his saliva and looked at Lin Gensheng in shock. "Gensheng, are you sure you haven't secretly given the Tiger Cloud Palm to Ye Chen before?"

Lin Gensheng was also dumbfounded, not just by the fact that Ye Chen managed to knock Wang Qiang onto the ground, but mainly by how Ye Chen managed to already master the Tiger Cloud Palm. After all, how could he have done so despite only holding it in his hands for a mere few seconds before putting it back in the box?

But the reality now was that Ye Chen had used already the Tiger Cloud Palm as if he had been cultivating it over the past several years.

Yang Feng backed up a few steps and fell on his back. His face was filled with disbelief and absolute fear as if he had just witnessed a scene in a form of his worst nightmare.

Liu Qianqian stared at the figure on the Fighting Platform in a daze and suddenly recalled what Ye Chen had told her yesterday.

"If I defeat Wang Qiang tomorrow, I will confess to you in front of everyone in the school."

She thought he was just saying it as a joke, but now it seemed like it really was going to come into fruition today.

What confused her was how Ye Chen managed to get so strong at such a fast pace.

Not to mention the spectators, even Wang Qiang himself felt that Ye Chen's strength was unbelievable. After all, how could a kid in his teens manage to knock him, a person who has been cultivating for so long, over so easily.

Wang Qiang stood up furiously

"Ye Chen, I didn't expect you to be so strong!" Wang Qiang glared intimidatingly at Ye Chen.

Ye Chen let out a smile and muttered, "Teacher Wang, I have yet to even use my full strength."

Hearing that, Wang Qiang couldn't help but clench his teeth in rage.

"Ye Chen, in that case, I'll show you the power of my Wind Shadow Fist!" Wang Qiang glared at Ye Chen and shouted.