C40 Third Courtyard Tournament 3

The matches for the top five spots were the same as the ones from the elimination matches previously, both sides having to battle it out.

"Anyue Academy's Ye Chen versus Anyue Academy's Liu Qianqian."

The matches for placements of the top five were much more exciting to watch than the ones from the elimination rounds. Unlike the previous matches, the thousands of spectators in the stands began paying close attention to every single move being shown on the Battle Stage, afraid that they would miss out on a good show.

Even the candidates in the judging area had their eyes glued on the Battle Stage.

With that, Ye Chen and Liu Qianqian walked up the Fighting Platform.

Just when everyone thought that a great battle was about to occur, Liu Qianqian said something astonishing.

"I admit defeat."

Everyone present was shocked. How could they have expected Liu Qianqian to admit defeat?

Humph!

Jin Cheng, however, snorted coldly as he stared at Ye Chen on his Fighting Platform. He thought to himself: "Just you wait Ye Chen! I, Jin cheng, will show you what true fear is!"

"Sky Blue Academy's Mu Hai versus Anyue Academy's Ye Chen!"

A martial cultivator in the judging area shouted.

As Mu Hai stepped onto the Fighting Platform, he swallowed his saliva, feeling somewhat aghast. Ever since the incident with Anyue Academy, he had been traumatized by Ye Chen's terrifying, overwhelming strength.

Not to mention facing Ye Chen in a battle, even hearing Ye Chen's name caused him to tremble uncontrollably.

"I- I admit defeat!"

Although Mu Hai had just become a True Reserve Martial Cultivator a few days ago, he did not dare to face Ye Chen and could only concede this match against him.

*Gasp*

The thousands of spectators were all shocked.

"What's going on?"

When Mu Hai's father, Mu Feng, saw this, his expression could not help but sink.

This announcer for the competition was also quite astonished by the outcomes. Since Mu Hai chose to admit defeat, however, he could only continue announcing the other matches.

"Anyue Academy's Yang Feng versus Anyue Academy's Ye Chen."

After Yang Feng stepped onto the Fighting Platform, it looked as if he was about to face Ye Chen once again.

Over a thousand of the audience members held their breaths, not wanting to hear those three words again. Unfortunately, they were destined to be disappointed.

After hesitating for a few seconds, Yang Feng said three words:

"I admit defeat!"

After witnessing the Ye Chen's battle against the Vicious Beasts, Yang Feng had a deep lingering fear for Ye Chen. Unlike his past arrogant self, he had been enlightened and did not dare to offend nor fight Ye Chen any longer.

"This…!"

In the judging area, Yang Feng's father, Yang Kun, could not help but become somewhat furious and disappointed. No matter what, he did not expect Yang Feng to admit defeat.

Previously, when Liu Xinghe said that Ye Chen might get first place, Yang Kun said mockingly, "Not just any clown can get first place."

Right now, besides feeling extremely angry, Yang Kun also felt a burning sensation on his face from becoming the actual clown.

"There must be a reason for what's happening! There has to be!"

Over a thousand of the audience members began discussing amongst themselves and shouted.

From their point of view, why did the students all admit defeat upon facing Ye Chen? Could it be that Ye Chen was a demon? They couldn't think of a better explanation than that.

The martial cultivators in the judging area were also confused. They all looked at Liu Xinghe for a plausible explanation.

"Brother Xinghe, what exactly is the identity of this student? They are all True Reserve Martial Cultivator, how could they admit defeat without even trying to battle it out?" Mu Feng said to Liu Xinghe.

"I don't know either," Liu Xinghe said slowly and shrugged his shoulders.

The announcer, who was also a martial cultivator, gawked in response. Having been the announcer for the Trinity Competition in East Base City for so many years, never had he witnessed such a wild scene happen before.

Jin Cheng glared at Ye Chen ominously. He really could not understand why they would just admit defeat without even fighting him. Could it be that they were scared to death?

Although he was beaten up badly by Ye Chen at the Crystal Palace, he was only an Intermediate Reserve Martial Cultivator at that time. Now, things were slightly different than before, for he had broken through the level of a True Reserve Martial Cultivator.