Part 39

Almost at 6 in the morning.

Manik was busy in his own thoughts when he heard a wail. He looked at Nandini to find her trying to open her eyes.

"Nandini.. ", Manik was now besides her.

Nandini sat straight with the help of Manik and looked here and there. The first thing what came to here mind was her mobile. She saw it at the same place and sighed. That means Manik didn't see the video according to her.

Here Manik was taking a keen look at her actions. He was well aware what she was looking at and why. He coughed to get her attention.

"So, how you feeling? "

"Umm yes good now. ", Nandini just couldn't meet his eyes.

" What happened? I mean you were all okay then how? "Manik wanted her to speak but at the same time was scared of what she will say.

" Vo..h nothing it's just that I got hyper seeing some... " Nandini was finding it difficult to say.

"Some? " Manik raised his eyebrows.

She gulped but then closed her eyes for second and said "some insect... Ya one insect came I got scared and just got hyper. " And then opening her eyes she looked at his blank expressions.

"Manik... What happened? " To which he gave a fake smile and said "Nothing you rest. I need to go. I have some work. You just take care of yourself. Call me if you don't feel good. Cool? " Saying this he got up.

It was too weird for Nandini. Manik never left her alone when she is unwell. Manik was about to go when "Manik " Nandini called him.

Manik was in his trance about to go but" Ha.. Yes you are okay? "

"Ya.. Can you please pass me the mobile. " Nandini asked to which he got alarmed.

"Why do you need it now? Just rest. " Manik didn't want her to take a look at it again. He knew she would see it again.

"Manik please I need it. I need to call Navya regarding some work. " Nandini just requested but it came out as a rude thing. Manik knew she was stubborn and that's why he gave her.

"Bye", Manik said leaving her room.

Manik's monologue

Does Nandini trust the video? I had a hope that she wouldn't but I guess she does. Her behavior says it all. I want her to confront me directly. I should know what she thinks. Nothing but her opinion matters to me.

Manik's monologue ends.

In room

Nandini leaned to the bedpost and sighed. She didn't know what she should do. Suddenly everything turned messed up. Tears started to flow from her eyes. But then she composed herself and took her mobile to take a look at the video again. Everything was the same. One hope that this might be a dream turned false. She in frustration threw her mobile on the bed. Getting nothing to do she rested her head and sleep captured her.

In college canteen

Manik was outside the canteen thinking whether to go or not. He expected everyone to be hell angry, disappointed and ashamed of him. He sighed and entered in. But the scenario in front of him was a shocker. That's when Nandini to entered. Same was her reaction.. Shocked!

Mukti and Cabir were been typical tom and Jerry chasing each other and fighting for the last bite of burger. It was like a normal day for them. Manan thought that they also got the video but the scene  cleared that it was only messaged to Nandini.