25: Flattering yourself

Jian Qiao had never felt so powerless. A person was about to die, but he could only wait in silence, unable to do anything.

When Rege said what he wanted to but couldn't, he snapped his eyes to the other man and his dark eyes suddenly lit up with a shimmer.

Cassia also stared at Rege with amazement, raising her delicate eyebrows. In the entire audience of nobles, this man was the only one to show mercy.

Rege didn't care whether this matchless beauty was paying attention to him, he only had eyes for Jian Qiao.

When Jian Qiao looked at him sharply, revealing his nervousness, Rege gently patted the back of his pale hand to comfort him.

He seemed to be saying: Don't worry, I'll handle everything.

With this, Jian Qiao really let go of his distress. He picked up the glass, moistened his overly constricted throat with the slightly sour lemon water, leaned back against the sofa and gradually relaxed.

Only after he made sure Jian Qiao was no longer tense did Rege lift his chin and speak to Prince Andrew, who was wearing a gloomy expression. "I really enjoyed her performance. To be honest, I haven't had so much fun in a long time. So I'm willing to trade Apollo for her, what do you say?"

Apollo was a spirited horse that had been tamed by Rege. It was powerful, well-built, and fierce, and of a purebred lineage, with a smooth, glossy, satin-like chestnut coat. When it galloped in the sunlight, its coat glowed with a brilliant red-copper light like a small sun.

That was why Rege had named it Apollo.

Compared to all other horses, its extreme speed and handsome appearance made it fully worthy of the title.

Many great lords, Prince Andrew among them, had previously expressed the desire to buy Apollo, each offering a higher price than the other, but Rege refused them all.

This was his treasure, he would never trade it to anyone.

But now he wanted to exchange this noble-blooded horse for a dwarf of such lowly status, was he out of his mind?

Prince Andrew couldn't believe his ears. When Rege first interrupted he'd felt upset, but now he was excited.

"What did you just say? What do you want to exchange for this little monster?" He pointed his long whip at the female dwarf who was limp on the ground.

"I'll trade Apollo," Rege repeated calmly.

Hearing the exclamations and whispers of the people around him, Jian Qiao realized the importance of "Apollo" to Rege. He immediately wanted to raise his hand to stop the deal between Rege and Prince Andrew. If valuables could persuade the Prince, he was willing to exchange diamonds for a life.

But Rege firmly pressed the back of his hand, signaling him not to speak.

"You can take Apollo away right now if you want," Rege said boldly. He stroked the blue veins on the back of Jian Qiao's slightly curved hand, encouraging him to calm down.

Prince Andrew immediately threw away his long whip, laughing loudly. "Hahaha, my dear, then I won't be polite! Where's Apollo? I want to see him right now!"

The butler of the ducal palace immediately stepped forward to guide His Royal Highness the Prince.

When Andrew left, many of the noblemen followed him.

After the men left one after another, the women, who were frightened and pale, returned to their usual state. They continued to laugh, drink wine, dance and indulge themselves without restraint.