IX

The situation was still delicate.

Gojo silently helped me and then excused himself from the room. Nanami and Yu went to check up on him.

Shoko finished dressing my injuries and noticed Geto still standing quietly. She comes closers and whispers in my ear,
"Geto still seems bothered I'll leave you guys alone for a bit. As for Gojo, he's an idiot but he was just concerned about you, maybe even a little bit jealous of that man so please don't hold it against him Y/n." She gets up.

"I know. . .Thank you Shoko."

I whisper back.

"Where are you going Shoko?"
Geto looks at her.

"I'm tired so I'm heading back to the dorm."
She opens the door.

"Wait for me I'll accompany you. Y/n?"
He turns to me.

"Yes, Geto?"
I look at him.

"I'm sure you have some reason why you did what you did Y/n. I'm sure you're tired after all that happened today so I'll be back tomorrow is that fine?"
He waits for me to reassure him.

"I'll be fine. . .Thanks for always being so patient with me. I-I can't promise that I can say what happened exactly with me but I will make sure to clear up this misunderstanding it caused."

I let go of his hand.

He understood what I wanted to say, wished me goodnight and left with Shoko.

It was just me by myself in that empty room full of silence. Alone once again. Nothing unusual. I should be used to it. But I wasn't. Being with my friends for so long made me forget how lonely I was.

I tried to not overthink. But trying not to overthink caused me to think even more.
The hospital bed was cold. Unlike my room. My warm bed. The cold air that seeped through the walls sent a chill down my spine. The AC was set a little too high for my liking. I searched for the remote but couldn't find it in the end. So I spend the night rubbing my feet together because my toes felt cold. The blanket they provided was too light. Sooner or later I got used to the cold.

I was living a life full of luxury and being spoiled without realising it.

I wish my parents didn't leave me at Grandma's doors footsteps. I wish they accepted the responsibility of giving birth to a child and raising it. I have no respect for people who ran away from their dreams, duties and responsibilities.

But then I was going to do it myself. It's easy that's why. It's simple to run away than face your difficulties and problems in life.

If I had run away I wouldn't have been happy. Or at least that's what I would like to tell myself. So that I don't think. Think about how everyone would just carry on even if I didn't exist. How it wouldn't matter if I were to disappear tomorrow.

Those three would have had a happier life without me getting involved at all. They would be enjoying their time together. And now thanks to me they're at each other's throats.

I know somewhere deep within myself that it may be just me over analysing things. I could be exaggerating the problem. They could love me for me, they would search for me if I were to vanish and miss me if I were gone. But it scares me to think that what if that was just a lie I told myself to keep myself safe?

They all will leave you in the end Y/n. The words of Toji Zenin continued to haunt me.

The morning came by sooner than I hoped. The bright sun rays landed directly on my face waking me up. I rub my eyes and sit on the bed. I look at the clock on the wall. It was still 4 am.

I see the doctor entered my room upon seeing me awake and moving. He tells me that I'm free to leave today or tomorrow because my injury wasn't that bad. The swelling had gone down quite a lot in just one night to his surprise.

"So I can be discharged right now, doctor?"

He says that I can but I shouldn't rush it. He told me to sleep and wake up in a few hours when it's a little brighter outside then call someone to pick me up.

"Oh, I'll be fine Doc! You don't need to worry. I'm an adult so I don't need anyone to come and get me. Because you said that I should still take it easy I'll call myself a cab. Then there shouldn't be any problem right?"

He sighs gives up, defeated by my enthusiasm and allows me to sign the documents needed for my discharge.
I ask the nurse where were my clothes and she got them for me. I changed and paid the charge.

Now I am a fully grown broke ass woman. I'm sure my parents are celebrating their lives without me. They must have known that I was gonna turn out like this and therefore decided to leave me.

God damn it. I will earn so much money that I can throw it in their faces one day!
I wipe away my fake tears and walk out of the hospital in style. Like I had my life together.

Which was a lie duh.