Nine

"It's been awhile (Nickname)"

You shift your glaze away from the old man.

"You're still the same"

He chuckle

Still you didn't dare look at him as you casually took a sip of your tea right beside your lover.

"It seems like you're doing well"

He added

You nod, refusing to meet his glaze but you did dare reply even though not in words. It's not like you're scared of him, maybe you are, but half of that was respect.

"Your father would be glad to know that was the case"

He said with a chuckle

And by his words you couldn't help but to glance at the old man before casually glancing away once again.

You never know your father, maybe you do, but your early days were blurry to you having imprison and being tortured doing all sort of things to you.

It was all because you were a half blood.

"I'm happy the way I'm leaving right now"

You're contented, you no longer live in fear or being compared back then in the Lukedonia. And you have Raizel by your side, having Frankenstein too.

"I'd like to stay here with Raizel if that's what he want"

You added, glancing at your lover real quick

Gently placing your hand above his free hand under the table as you calmly meet the glaze of the old man, the only remaining elder.

There you were greeted with a small smile, at the same time his hands under the table gently flip his hand before intertwining his finger with yours, giving it gentle squeeze.

That made you look at him, still he was casually taking a sip of his tea. There the old man let out a chuckle.

"If that's what the two of you want"

There he left, probably to have a conversation with his grandson and Seira. Leaving you all alone with your lover who was still silently holding your hand.

Usually his silence would be enough to get described as awkwardness, but you've always had this kind of silence with Raizel and it was comfortable.

"Is this really what you want?"

In the ears of others that voice might be emotionless and cold, but to you, and to Frankenstein, his voice held curiosity and sincerity.

"We could always go back at Lukedonia if you want"

He stated as he set his tea cup down and looking at you who was already looking at him

Still all you give him was a smile, he always cared about you, though he never really, or barely said those words, you knew he always care about you.

"I'm fine being with you"

You stated

"I wouldn't mind anywhere as long as I'm with you"

"Nor do I"

With his reply, a smile automatically made its way on your lips and you felt his thumb closely caressing on the back of your hand

He was a man of few words, like literally. But you knowing the meaning behind those simple words, that was enough.