Chapter 22 - Punishment!

6:00 pm.

Shantivan.

Akash was deeply lost in his thoughts laid on his bed while Payal was pacing around the room, talking to him.

"I seriously don't understand what's happening anymore. When we thought we managed to separate Khushi and her children from Arnav ji and no one would know what we did in past, Khushi comes back with Arnav ji and sends you to do a DNA test in hospital to prove that you're not Aarav's father. Why would she do that? And who's this Manju?" Payal stopped walking and turned to her husband frowning.

"I think these two fooled us Payal. What happened yesterday was just a drama so they get time to think about their next step. I think Khushi and Bhai found out that I brought Sheetal here to create a misunderstanding between them, that's why they're also doing the same thing with me. They used our plan only to create misunderstandings between us Payal."

"You're right, they're cunning people. Khushi didn't think once before doing this and trying to destroy her elder sister's marriage," Payal said disgusted, "But how did they found out about our plan?" she frowned.

"It's not a big deal for Aman to find out about Sheetal," Akash sighed, "I should have come up with a better plan than this."

"But why are they wasting time with this DNA test drama then? As far as I know Arnav ji, he wouldn't waste time to kick us out of here," Payal gulped, afraid of the consequences of their evil plans.

"Why are you asking me so many questions? I'm not God to know what's going on their mind," Akash shouted irked and sat straight on the bed.

"Why are you getting irritated? I'm worried for us and Ayaan. Where will we go if Arnav ji throw us out of here?" Payal asked worriedly, sitting beside him on the bed.

"You don't have to worry about that. Don't start stressing me. I'll do something.. This is not the end. I'll prove that Aarav is Bhai's son only," Akash said determinedly.

"How will you do that Akash ji? You both are already did DNA test today, in just few days it will be proven that Aarav is not Arnav ji's son," Payal said.

"You don't have to worry about that. I'll make a good use of these few days left. I just need you to trust me Payal.. Don't fall in your sister, Khushi's trap please. Don't believe in her cooked up stories. I only love one woman in my life and that's you," Akash said in soft tone, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

Payal smiled faintly at him, "I know.. I trust you completely Akash ji. I know you're very different from Arnav ji. And I'm glad I fell in love with you and not a man like Arnav ji who had a live in relationship with Lavanya and had feelings for Khushi as well."

"And I'm very happy that you can see how I'm much better than Bhai Payal," he smiled widely.

"Of course you're the best Akash ji but in this house, no one ever acknowledged that.. they are always behind Arnav ji because he's the owner of AR and this house. You know.. you're.. what they say?.. Yeah.. Underrated.. You're underrated and Arnav ji is overrated in this house," Payal said softly, raising her hand to caress his cheek lovingly.

"That's why I need to take control over AR to prove to all members of this house and the world that I'm better than Bhai. I'm introvert, shy and respectful towards everyone but that doesn't mean I'm dumb or not capable of handling AR," Akash closed his eyes, resting his head on Payal's lap.

"And you'll definitely succeed in your plans Akash ji. DM knows your intentions aren't wrong. DM will surely help you," Payal said running her fingers through his hair gently.