seven

We approach ring toss and Billie turns to me with a smirk, elbowing me in my arm playfully before pulling us to the colorful tent.

We approach the tent and the man behind it starts to speak to us. I immediately turn my attention to his lips, trying to read them, but he turns away to face the game as he speaks. I pull on Billie's sleeve to get her attention.

She turns to look me and I sign, "Can't see." I point to my lips and Billie shows me she understands before turning to the guy.

As she talks to him, she also faces my general direction to include me in what she's saying, "she...Deaf...you...loo.."

She points to me and he raises his eyebrows and turns to me, "If.. touch.......point," he holds up 1 finger, "If ....ring......point." The last part was hard to understand but he holds up 3 fingers and shows the ring making it onto the stick.

I give him a thumbs up and he continues. I deduce that if I hit the post with the ring, I get one point, if I make it around the pole I get three, and that depending on my number of points, I get a certain sized bear plushy.

The game coordinator tells us to go, and I start throwing rings like mad. I have 6 rings and I landed 4 and hit 2. I squeal with joy as I see Billie with only 1 measly ring sitting around a stick.

I give her a pesky grin and she scrunches her nose at me. I boop it and see her playfully roll her eyes.

Billie takes my shoulders and turns me back to face the game. I see the guy holding up two different options of medium-sized stuffed bears and I choose the 'love a lot' care bear, giving the pink plushie a good hug before following Billie to the next game.

This game involves aiming a water gun, not something I am not particularly talented at. This time Billie tells the guy I am Deaf before he starts explaining the rules.

The world is so much easier when you have a hearing person who likes you. She does all the things for me that would usually be a pain in the ass.

The guy signals for us to start and water sprays out from my water gun. I aim for the red target in the middle as best I can, but by the time we run out of water, I have done far worse than Billie. She smirks at me, winking and I get slightly flustered as she looks away to choose her large plushy.

They had all different kinds of animals and Billie pointed to a medium-sized stuffed animal instead of her earned large one.

I watch the game coordinator's mouth as he speaks, "you... large...stuffed...imal."

I then look to Billie's lips, which she conveniently kept in my view, "I... want...," she points to the lion plushie, "I don't...are.."

It's important not to take advantage of someone's hearing abilities. It's insulting to be left out of things with a simple covering of the mouth or turning away.

Kids at my hearing school used to do that all the time, covering up their mouths as they spoke, but staring at me as they talked. I never knew what they said, but it was obvious that it was mean.

The guy shrugs his shoulders, handing her the lion and she smiles sweetly at him before turning to me and presenting stuffed animal to me as if it were a lavish gift.

I giggle and bow my head in thanks, taking it and then her hand as she walks us to an empty picnic table.

We sit down and I set down our prizes, looking around the fair for a short while. It's so lively and full of spark. I soon feel Billie's hand rest on the small of my back and I turn to face her.

She still has her hood over her head and she's put on a pair of sunglasses. I look at her inquisitively and reach to pull her hood down.

As my hand makes contact with the fabric, Billie lifts her own to stop me. Sparks fly from where she touches and I almost forget her strange behavior.

She releases me and I hold out my hand for the journal, making a grabbing motion to rush her into giving it to me.

Billie takes the book out of her pocket quickly, but does not give it to me. Instead, she takes out a pen and begins writing... and writing... and writing.

I wonder what she could be writing about for it to take her this long. She keeps looking up at me and back down to the pages as she writes and I wait patiently for her to finish.

When she does, she slowly hands me the pad of bound pages, biting her lip in nervousness.

Before I look down to read, I place my hand on her knee, rubbing it reassuringly to show her not to be worried.

She sighs and smiles back at me. I take a peek at the words so carefully written by Billie just a few moments ago.

Princess,

I want to tell you something but I don't want anything to change. And it won't, I promise.

You're looking at me as if I'm going to rob the place or something, but I promise I'm not.

Maybe ;)

I'm not hiding my face to stifle evidence of my crime, nor is it because I am ashamed to be with you. I'm actually just famous.

I raise one eyebrow and look up at her, her beautiful eyes still hidden under dark glasses. She cocks her mouth off into a half smile and I turn the book so we can both see, pointing at the last words I just read.

She shrugs and takes her hand up to my hair, entwining it in her fingers before mouthing, "Finish."

I look back down and turn around to continue reading, leaning my back into Billie's front.

I write music. You may actually like it, I use a lot of bass.

I smile softly and continue, feeling Billie's arms wrap around me, resting in my lap.

My music got pretty popular, and with it, my face. I hope this doesn't ruin anything. I'll keep you away from the press and we'll figure it out.. together.

At least I hope you want to. I really like you, Amanda.

I make an 'aww' face and lean further into Billie. She peels me off of her and places her hand under my chin, turning my face towards hers.

I smile and blush shyly, wanting to turn away, but held firm by Billie's hand.

"I like you too, Billie," I vocalize.

After a moment of peace between us, I look back down to the journal and write in it, "Did I say that right? It was important."

She nods, smiling widely when I look back up to her.

This girl is adorable.

A/n:

Hey, I'm glad you're here!

I just want to let you guys know that I am on vacation right now (Dw my family is vaccinated) so chapters might come out slower.

Be nice to yourselves please <3