fourteen

I take monopoly and Billie shuts the cabinet door before holding my waist and guiding us to the living room.

We silently set up the game and Billie is organizing the money when I get the pawns out. I wave my hand in her line of sight and she looks up, a stubborn smile on her lips.

I gesture to the pile of pawns for her to choose from. I secretly want to be the cat, but leave it in the pile in case she wants to be it too. I would let it slide this one time.

Billie bites her lip as she peers down at the pieces and then reaches for the horse. I smile as I claim the cat and then gesture to the horse, signing 'why?' curiously.

"I love..." she stops signing and looks to me.

"Horse?" I sign.

"Yes!" she responds, "I love horses."

I giggle, "I've never ridden a horse." I sign it slowly, assuming those signs could be new for her.

Her eyes widen as her mouth falls open, "what! I'll take you."

I giggle a little and nod, turning back to the board before we get too sidetracked. We roll to see who goes first and get started on our game. I haven't played monopoly with someone in months, and I used to play with my brother almost every day.

As I am moving my token, I notice Billie reach for the journal and write something inside. When I finish buying boardwalk, I turn to Billie, looking for what she had to say, and find her mouth dropped open.

I giggle, showing off my property before Billie playfully rolls her eyes and looks down to what she wrote.

"I know you get self conscious, but I just love your laugh, so so much."

I blush intensely, unsure of how to respond. I place my hands on my face and feel Billie's hand grasp my fingers, peeling them off of my face.

"You're cute," she signs.

I whine and return my face to my hands, opening my fingers to peer through at the beautiful woman smiling at me. She sends me a wink before rolling the dice and I internally melt.

We play for a little while longer and I am beating Billie's ass. I've got two color sets and she's almost out of money already.

"What's wrong?" I tease as she playfully rolls her eyes, landing on my property.

$600

Billie mortgages her last property, a railroad, and still doesn't have enough to pay rent. She's bankrupt.

"I win!!" I sign and speak, and look up at her. She looks defeated, something she definitely is, but I still don't like that look on her face.

My heart stings and I don't think for another second before I pounce on her with a hug, tackling her to the ground. She giggles as I plant kiss after kiss on her cheeks, and nose, and forehead, and finally, her lips. I linger there, but eventually a smile breaks on my lips, making it impossible to keep kissing her.

I rest my head on her chest, finding it incredibly comfy, and sigh. Tiredness takes over my body and I relax into her. She sits up, but I cling to her, now sitting in her lap, hugging her torso as she strokes my back softly.

I hum and reluctantly let go of Billie and turn around to the game. I start cleaning it up, my butt still resting in her lap, and Billie tries to lean in and help.

I stop her hand and turn to her, placing it in my lap, "you stay. I clean."

She furrows her brows and shakes her head, reaching for the game again. I stop her and pick up the journal, writing inside, "Bils, let me clean it up, I need practice if I'm gonna be a good maid for you ;)."

She smirks, finally signing, "ok," and leaning back, holding my waist as I work. I try to suppress my smile, but to no avail.

I get the game all cleaned up and make sure Billie comes with me to put it away. We get to the cabinet and I hand her the game for her to put away. She's not much taller than me, only a couple inches, but it's still easier for her.

We make our way back to the living room and I check my phone for the first time all day. My eyes widen, "Billie," I vocalize.

She comes over and I show her my phone, pointing to the time.

9:32 pm

She smiles, writing, "damn, time flies with you, huh?"

I blush. She didn't even say anything too forward, but it's just the way she said it... or wrote it I suppose. I can't explain.

"What's wrong?" she teases, "you're blushing my love."

I squeal, writing in the journal, "you learning these kinds of signs is going to be the death of me."

She makes an 'aw' face before smirking slightly, "you like it, Princess?"

I fall forward into her with a whine and wrap my arms around her torso, my favorite place to rest them. She softly strokes my back for a minute until she peels me off of her to look into her eyes.

"You sleep at my house?" she signs.

I raise an eyebrow, "you want me to come over?"

She playfully rolls her eyes, "yes," then spells out, "duh."

I giggle, and vocalize, "okay!"

I grin at her before turning around and bolting down the short hallway to my room. I stop abruptly in front of my closet and stare down my clothing for a few moments before jumping around and punching air with excitement, trying to keep quiet.

I dive into my closet, grabbing some cute clothes and all of my necessities and shoving them in a pink duffel bag. I turn to leave my room and almost bump into Billie standing in the doorway. I jump back in surprise when I notice her and trip over the mess I made packing.

I'm about to completely lose balance and fall, when Billie wraps her right arm around my waist and pulls me in, my body now flush with hers. With her arm still around my waist, she takes her other hand and places it under my chin, making me look up at her.

That couple inches sure seems like a lot now.

My breath hitches and she smirks, leaning down to kiss me, but hovering over my lips teasingly before finally closing the distance between us.

She is so good at kissing.

We pull away and Billie takes a step back to grab my duffel bag from it's spot on the floor. She smiles sweetly and takes my hand with care as she leads us out of the apartment.

A/n:

I hope you enjoyed! I appreciate you guys so much. I'm deadass wattpad comments get me through some tough shit.

Bye! Stay safe <3