chapter five

alienkawa 👽

today 06:32

iwa-chan

can we go by l/n-chan's
work again??? i liked the
milk bread there and we
don't have morning
practice today😋😋

alright. i'm going to see if they
have anything else there

do you know what drinks they have

other than water and coffee,
she also said they sell boba,
tea, soda and sports drinks

ok come by in like 10 minutes
read 06:37

     "l/n-chan~!" oikawa cooed once he opened the door to the bakery

"l/n-chan~!" oikawa cooed once he opened the door to the bakery. the said girl looked up from her job and smiled, glad to see both volleyball players.

"good morning iwaizumi-san, oikawa-san. would you like milk bread again?" she asked, using tongs to get a milk bread out and placing it in a small bag.

iwaizumi spoke up, "could i also get coffee and two bottles of water?"

y/n nodded, "sure, that'll be a nine hundred sixty one yen."

iwaizumi nodded, paying through the exchange tray. he looked around the cafe, noticing more small little details. "are there more decorations here?"

y/n looked up, surprised he was able to notice. "yup, i added a few of my own touches thanks to iruka-san's permission. i thought plants would go well, y'know?"

the boy hummed, liking the minimalistic design of the cafe and the details she'd added. "it looks nice."

"thank you iwaizumi-san." she smiled, placing the change in the tray and handing it back to him. "do you mind if i walk to school with you again?"

iwaizumi rose a brow, thinking for a bit before turning to the brunette taking selfies with the variety of desserts. "i'm sure shittykawa-san wouldn't mind. i'd also be nice to have someone else other than him." he says, teasing her a bit with the honorifics.

y/n blushed in embarrassment, but smiled brighter anyways. "great, thank you iwaizumi-san. i should be done soon, so you and oikawa-san can sit over there." she points at the empty set of chairs close to the entrance to the kitchen and storage area.

with a nod, iwaizumi called oikawa over and sat in the seat facing the front of the store. "iwa-chan, the food here looks so good~ i wonder how nee-chan would react if i stole her card to buy the store..." his bestfriend rolled his eyes at the comment, though he couldn't blame him. the desserts and menu looked and sounded delicious, so he wondered why there wasn't a lot of customers here.

"ne, iwa-chan. when are you going to break up with uragiri?"

the question caught iwaizumi off gaurd. he looked at his friend with a look of confusion. "i'm not? and don't be disrespectful. it's uragiri-san or even yumie-san."

oikawa rolled his eyes resting his chin on his palm, "she'd just get pissed if i called her by her first name, besides, she's not even the slightest bit respectful to the team or our hobby."

"that's not true and you know that, yumie respects our decisions." iwaizumi knew that the brunette was right, but uragiri always reassured that she loves him and supports his decisions to stay in volleyball. why would she lie to him? their conversation was cut off when iwaizumi's phone rang, both recognizing the ringtone.

"l/n-san's literally so much better-"

"l/n-san is just a classmate. and how can you tell? you just met on the other day." he scowls before answering his phone, greeting his girlfriend.

"hajime~ where are you? you're supposed to be tutoring me this morning, remember?"

"yeah, sorry, i'm on my way, yumie." he didn't recall any of that.

"you better." she says before hanging up, not giving him a chance to bid farewell.

"i'm leaving. walk l/n-san to school." he mumbled, grabbing his coffee and water bottle, leaving the other one for oikawa.

the boy just sighed, worried for his friend that's became a slave to a manipulative vixen. he was so deep in thought that he didn't see y/n in front of him until she tapped on his shoulder. he jumped, surprised before giving her a bright smile. "are you ready, l/n-chan?"

"mhm! ano... where's iwaizumi-san?"

oikawa sighed grabbing his things and the water bottle, "he went with his girlfriend, uragiri yumie. he said to go ahead."

y/n nodded, following him out of the shop. "iwaizumi-san seems like he'd be a good and reliable boyfriend, uragiri-san is lucky."

oikawa rose a brow, looking sideways at the girl. "do you like iwa-chan, l/n-chan?"

she shook her head, "i just noticed iwaizumi-san's protective and mature aura and it's too early for that, i'd rather be friends with him rather than act on what i think. besides, i'd rather focus more on school, work and sports for now. "

"hah? are you saying i'm not mature, l/n-chan?!" oikawa pouted, though he admired the girl for not being the type to act on imagination and fall to quickly.

y/n laughed at his reaction, "is that all you got from it, oikawa-san?"

"of course! i have to keep my reputation of being irresistible up!"

"if some can resist your attempts, wouldn't that mean you're not irresistible?"

the boy paused, taking in her words slowly and carefully before he broke. "ne~ l/n-chan why'd you have to say that?! my ego is being stomped by you!"

 "ne~ l/n-chan why'd you have to say that?! my ego is being stomped by you!"