25:

JENIFER'S P.O.V

Damian had called me an hour back saying he will be there in an hour and to get ready for the dinner. Tessa and Sam were in Sam's room getting ready while I was ready and waiting for them in the hall.

I wore a casual dress with red and pink shade. I paired it with white heels.

I was taking a picture of myself when the doorbell rang

I was taking a picture of myself when the doorbell rang. Assuming it to be Damian, I opened the door with a big smile on my face. But my smile dropped seeing the person standing in front of me. It was none other than Melissa, my ex best friend.

I didn't know how to react so I just stood like a statue. She was looking pretty as always. She smiled a little.

"Hi Jen."

"Melissa."

"I want to talk to you about something." She fidgeted her fingers.

"Look I don't want to talk about anything with you. So I'm sorry you can leave." I know I was behaving rude but I still haven't forgiven her for the thing she did to me.

"Jen please listen to me once. Please. I will not take more than five minutes. Please." She sounded genuine.

"Fine. Five minutes."

"Thank you. So first I want to say a huge sorry to you. I didn't mean to hurt you by s-sleeping with your boyfriend. It just happened and I couldn't control myself. But when you came to know about that and left to NYC I realised how big mistake I have committed. I lost my best friend. My only family. I thought Caleb really likes me but he- he cheated on me too. In past two months when we were together he slept with several girls. When I got to know I broke up with him. That time I realised how much hurt you have been. I'm so sorry Jen. I'm sorry. Please forgive me." She was crying by now.

And I was too.

"Oh Mel! Come here." I pulled her for a tight hug.

"Stop crying first. He isn't worth anyone's tears."

"I was so disappointed with myself that I lost my best friend due to my selfishness and that douche."

"To be honest, I am not surprised when you told me that he cheated on you too. When I broke up with him, Sam told me how much of a player Caleb is."

"I was such a stupid girl. I believed everything what he said." She shook her head.

"What's past is in past. Forget everything. Start new. You are such a good fashion designer. Focus on your work."