30:

JENIFER'S P.O.V

We were currently walking back to Damian's car. We had our lunch at Club 21. They serve the traditional American cuisine. Well, we both were so damn hungry that we could literally eat anything and everything they provided.

I wanted to hold his hand and walk on streets of New York but right now I couldn't. If I would, press people would have a field day with it.

I looked at Damian who was well like a normal person looking in front. I just kept looking at him with admiration. He is such a sweet, caring, understanding man. I am so lucky to have him in my life.

"What are you thinking? Look straight, mia ragazza." Damian smiled.

Mia ragazza? What does that mean?

"What............." I was stopped by a voice. A very familiar voice. A voice which I didn't want to hear in my entire life.

"Jen?"

My ex Caleb, a person whom I loved with my heart and soul. A person who betrayed me, cheated on me with my best friend.

"Jen? How are you?" Caleb smiled like he did nothing wrong.

I just don't know why I felt weak in front of him. I did nothing wrong. He is the one who treated me wrong. I just kept looking at Caleb in his eyes.

"Jen do you know him?" Damian touched my arm.

I looked up at him, wanting to say so much. I wanted to explain my inner turmoil to him so that he could help me but I couldn't.

"Hi I'm Caleb. Jen and I......."

"Dated each other." I completed his sentence. Hatred was evident in my voice.

Damian looked shocked but before I could process anything, he landed a punch at Caleb's face. Caleb fell at the ground holding his nose which was now bleeding.

"Oh my god! Damian!!" I wasn't angry because he did that to Caleb. He deserved it. But here at the streets. Everyone is looking at us now. Oh god this is not good for his image.

Caleb got up and looked angrily at both of us. What is he gonna do? During our relationship he was not physically abusive but I can't trust him with anything.

"How dare you!! Who the fuck are you?" He yelled at Damian.

Damian was very calm. How? My body is shooting with tension and anxiety. How is he so calm?

"Calm down bud. You don't deserve to know who I am. You don't have that much worth." Damian spat.

Wohoo!! I'm proud of you my boyfriend.

"Caleb after whatever you did, that means you cheated on me with my best friend and then you cheated on her too I really don't want to talk to you. So please never contact me again." I fake sweetly smiled.

"Jen, look. I'm really very sorry about that. I really am. Please I love you. I love you so much. Please come back to me baby."

"Hey mister. Shut your fucking mouth or else I will chop off your tongue and feed it to dogs." Damian yelled at him.

Oh boy!

Tears formed in my eyes. Whatever Caleb said that is what I wanted him to say since the day I broke up with him. I wanted him to apologise for his mistakes and tell me that he still loves me and wants me back.

But now, that is certainly not I want right now. Because now I know, I deserve much more than him. I deserve happiness.
And I'm happiest with Damian.

"Caleb, just stay away from me. I don't want to get back with you ever in my life because I don't want to go through hell again." I said firmly.

"Let's go Jen." Damian nodded.

"Yeah."
.............................

We were now at Damian's house. We didn't go to office because we knew we had to talk and that can't be done in office.

I sat at the swimming pool, my legs dipped in the warm water. Such a relaxing feeling it is.

"Here." Damian gave me a glass of red wine and himself had a glass of vodka.
He also dipped his legs in water and sat right beside me.

"Thanks." I took the glass from him.

"Are you okay?" Damian asked.

"I just didn't know how to react when I saw him after months. We dated for three years for god's sake. You know when I broke up with him I wanted him to ask for my forgiveness and beg me to take him back. That's what I wanted that time. However now I don't. I don't want him in my life ever again. I just don't want to go through all the pain he caused me even when we were in relationship."

I took a sip of wine, "Now I know I deserve so much more. I deserve the best and I have the best. I have you in my life. I want nothing but you Damian. Please don't break my trust." I said with watery eyes.

Damian's expression softened, he caress my face, placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"Never. You are the most beautiful, amazing thing ever happened to me. I don't want to lose you. I promise I would never ever break your trust."

How did I get so lucky to have this man in my life?

*****************
Hi guys, hope you have enjoyed the chapter. Please vote comment follow me if you liked it.

Sorry for late update, i have classes daily even on Sundays full day.☹️

Love,
A.