62

Road to forgiveness: Levi vs. Potatoes

"Shouldn't you be inside? It's cold out here." A deep voice emerged out of a sudden that disrupted Tanya from gazing at the dark scenery of the castle. She is now back at the corps, no more chains, or hoods, just plain agony. She doesn't exactly know what to feel about that.

Relieved? Now that Preston is dead, Yes. But now that she's surrounded by the people who betrayed her, No. Suddenly, out of nowhere, Alexis' voice rings inside her head. Forgive.

One word yet very hard to do.

"You do realize you're the last person I want to talk to right now, Levi." Tanya said coldly but didn't move from where she was sitting. She let her feet dangle on the edge.

Levi made a firm nod. "I'm aware of that." He said as he made his way closer to her, gathering every courage he has.

"I just thought you might need a company, after what happened." Levi said while gazing at her back, it breaks him how he's not able to be closer to her like before, but, it was his fault.

"And you think I'd want that from you?" She says with bitterness lacing in her tone.

There was a large pang in Levi's chest. He knew Tanya doesn't want anything to do with him but after her sister's death, he can't just leave her alone like this.

"I know you hate me, and you have every right to." Levi said. She didn't pour him any gaze, but she did listen to what he have to say.

"But I am willing to do everything to make things right with you. Even if you keep pushing me away. " With that, Levi took off her dark green cloak and placed it on her shoulders, protecting her from the cold breeze.

Tanya silently flinched upon his action. She was indeed lucky to be facing the different direction from him and he can't see her face. She knows she's still angry at him, so why is she feeling like this?

Levi was fully aware of Tanya's hatred against them, but he is willing to put in the work in order to get her back. Coming here was like walking on thin ice, but, he did get a slight hope, because Tanya went in this specific place, the place where Levi first told her he loved her, and she's still wearing that necklace Levi picked just for her. He still has a chance.

"If you want to talk, I'll be in my office." Levi said before he left and giving her the space she needs, knowing Tanya, she's gonna want to deal with herself first and think alone.

"You.." Levi halted on his steps, looking back at Tanya who was still facing the dark scenery of the forest.

"You're a liar." She said in a low and calm tone, her expression is blank. Tanya doesn't want to keep this to herself anymore and want it to get it off her chest. "And you're full of empty promises."

Levi looked down on the ground, accepting all the words that came out of her. A wave of guilt washed him down and it doesn't seem to be stopping anytime soon.

"I know that." He owned. "I'm sorry."

"Ofcourse you are." She mutters silently. As if that'll change anything.

__

The morning came, Tanya woke up earlier than usual and decided to make her self a cup of coffee. She got up from her bed and passed by an empty bottle of vodka, kicking it to the side of the room. She did have a great headache due to drinking too much but that didn't stop her from getting up.