CHAPTER 3

KUHLEKONKE ZULU
Being a crowned prince and a first born is really hard. There is just so much responsibility. Although my father doesn't like bombarding me with so much work, it's still my responsibility. I swear I would also treat my first son like how dad treats me. He is such a good father.

Anyways I get dressed and head outside. I have 4 bodyguards. I mean people are always trying to kill or abduct royal blood for ritual purposes, so that's why we should be protected at all times. I have my trusted and close bodyguard whom I would like to consider a friend. His name is Mpendulo. He is very loyal and he has been working for my family for 3 years now.

I get to the car and he drives me to where I am headed. I am meeting my girlfriend Sthabile. After that I am having a few drinks with my brother Mthunziwokuphumula. He is a few months younger than me. I am lucky because I am the only one who doesn’t have an intense Zulu name. Mthunzi is my half brother. My father had an affair with his mother, it was lust because he didn't love her that much. He didn't even marry her.

I get to my house in Sydenham and find her already there. Please don't tell me she cooked. She is a terrible cook. I smile and go hug her.

Me: “how is my future wife doing?” she smiles.
Stha: “I am doing okay. And don't worry. I am not the one who cooked. I bought it already cooked.” I chuckle.

Me: “that's good to know. I am starving.”
Stha: “let me dish up for you then.” I follow her to the kitchen. She dishes up and we both sit down and eat. “Where are you meeting Mthunzi?”

Me: “in his house. He has been trying so hard for our relationship to work. I am meeting him halfway.”

Stha: “he is a good guy and I am glad he is not letting family issues get in the way of your relationship.”

Me: “so when are you coming home ukuzoqoma?”
Stha: “aren't you supposed to come pay lobola first?” I laugh.

Me: “that's not how it works. You have to come and show yourself first. Ukuzomisa iduku and after that uzolandelwa izinkomo.”
Stha: “tradition is so tiring.” I chuckle.
Me: “you are going to be a Zulu royal wife. So you better get used to it.” She smiles.

Stha: “guess I have no option. What is needed ukumisa leloduku?” I laugh because she sounds so clueless.

Me: “just ancient cutlery for my mothers, like enamel cutlery. Buy a t-shirt and some cosmetics for me. Don’t buy anything for my father. Just cutlery and some pinafores for my mothers.”

Stha: “that seems doable. I will just tell my parents about it. When can we come?”
Me: “as soon as you’re ready. I actually shouldn’t inform my family. But I will make sure they are present on that particular Saturday.”
Stha: “it should be a surprise?”

Me: “yes it’s tradition my love.” She huffs.
Stha: “okay. Maybe we will come month end.”
Me: “thank you.” I kiss her and she giggles. “I love you MaGcaba.”

Stha: “I love you Ndabezitha.” We share a passionate kiss.
.
.
I get to my brother’s house and head inside. I find him sitting with his mother. I greet them both and take a seat. Mthunzi’s mother serves me scones and drink. I thank her and she heads out.

Me: “bafo how are you?”
Mthunzi: “I am not complaining. How is it going on your side?”
Me: “I am fine. Sthabile is coming ukumisa iduku in a few days.”

Mthunzi: “that’s good to know. So any royal duties?” I chuckle and eat one of the scones.
Me: “no drama there. Just minor conflicts that are resolvable.”

Mthunzi: “you know, should you die, and I will inherit the throne.” I chuckle and drink the juice.
Me: “I don’t think so. No offence brother, but you’re half royal. So you’re not eligible for the throne. Sbo is probably the next successor.” He chuckles.

Mthunzi: “but he is very younger than me.” I shrug.”
Me: “it’s tradition bro. there is nothing we can do.” I start getting dizzy and shake my head. “I don’t feel so good.” He laughs.

Mthunzi: “don’t worry brother. You are going to be at peace at soon.” That statement leaves me unsettled. I press a button in my watch that always informs Mpendulo when I am in danger. I then touch my head. It is so sore, like I have a mother of headaches.

Me: “what did you do to me?” he laughs again.
Mthunzi: “you really thought I would just let you have that throne willingly? I am eligible for that throne like as you are. Today you are not leaving this house alive.” I chuckle.

Me: “you really think that you will get away with this? I am the first prince of the Zulu kingdom and the future king. I am protected by all my ancestors. You will never kill me.”

Mthunzi: “keep on dreaming.” He takes off a gun from behind a cushion and shoots me in my lower abdomen. The gun has a silencer. I groan loudly.
Me: “dude what the fuck? Why are you doing this?”

Mthunzi: “I want the crown.” He raises the gun to shoot me again and a gunshot goes off. I look at him and seems like he is choking on his own blood. I turn to look at the door where Mpendulo is standing with his gun on his hand. I release a huge breath and then faint.
.
.
.
#FromThePast
#MissChubby