Chapter 6

Warning: there are mentions of slight violence in this chapter. If you have any triggers, you can skip the section where the '***' is located.

Leah POV

I fidgeted nervously as we waited in the dining room. It had been about 30 minutes since Vlado and Romero finished the tour and told us to wait here. I sat next to Mary, who was just looking around the room, face blank. There were a couple of other people in here, talking to each other. I kept fiddling with my hair-tie as I waited. It always calmed me down when I was nervous or stressed, or just bored, especially right now. Considering I am feeling all of those things right now.

"How do you think they afford this place?" I looked at Mary. Now that I think about it, how did they? I mean, this house is basically a freaking mansion. 

"Maybe a family business or something," I suggested. Mary shrugged in response and continued looking around. It was at that moment that the doors opened. All the heads in the room turned to the doors. Vlado came striding in the room, followed by three others, one being Romero. I looked at Vlado as he made his way to the front of the room. He stood still as he faced everybody. His eyes scanned the room before they caught mine. His eyes observed me, before he looked behind me with a stern look, then clearing his throat.

"Thank you all for waiting. It took some time, but we have all come to a decision." Vlado spoke with confidence and authority. "We have decided that the three who will be employed are..." The room was so silent, that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone seemed to be sitting on the edge of their seats as they waited for Vlado to say who got the job. He had the smallest of smirks as he spoke.

"Amelia, Mary and Leah."

* * * * *

We packed our bags quickly in our old hotel room. After Vlado told us we got the job, he and the others escorted the unlucky, unemployed people out of the house. Then they told us to get all of our stuff because we were going to have our own room in the house. 

I was folding and packing my clothes as Mary got our things from the bathroom.

"Hurry up, Mary!" I shouted. "Vlado told us to get back at 7, and it's already 6:30!" Mary rushed out of the bathroom and tossed me my toothbrush and other toiletries in a clear bag. I shoved the bag into my suitcase and zipped it shut. With my case packed, I rushed over to help Mary finish packing. Her suitcase was overflowing, and by the time she had everything in there, I had to sit on it so she could zip it shut. Once I hopped off her case, we made our way out of the room and to the ground floor. I told the receptionist we were off and thanked her for the room as Mary rolled our suitcases outside. I left the hotel and caught up with Mary, taking my suitcase from her. We walked side-by-side to our new house.

* * * * *

I knocked on the front door and waited. Mary and I finally made it to Vlado's house, which took longer thanks to Mary's suitcase opening multiple times, forcing us to stop and pick everything up. The door opened, and there was a girl on the other side. I recognised the girl from the dining room. She came in through the doors with Vlado and Romero. The girl was a little taller than me and had a thin but curvy figure. She was tanned and had long, jet black hair that cascaded over her shoulders and reached her stomach. She had bright blue eyes and had small bits of make-up on her lips and eyes. She was wearing a white crop top and skin-tight, black leggings. 

"Hello!" The girl smiled. "My name is Clarke. You're Leah and Mary, right?" We nodded. 

"Well, are you guys gonna come in?" I heard Mary chuckle softly as we dragged our suitcases along the floor. It was then that Mary's suitcase decided to open again. Clothes left Mary's suitcase like a waterfall. I looked at Mary, who was blushing a deep red. I dipped down to grab clothes and noticed Clarke handing Mary some of her clothes. Mary's cheeks somehow grew redder, and I heard Clarke chuckle.