Traho

He landed in front of me, his anger so fierce that it rolled off him in waves

He landed in front of me, his anger so fierce that it rolled off him in waves. It slammed into me, his rage a wave that nearly took my breath. A shiver glanced through my shoulders, along with a tingle that crept up my spine. I was warm, but this shiver was something . . . else. I turned, a strangled breath caught in my throat.

"Explain," his voice rumbled low, the growl of a predator. I looked at him in awe. He truly was magnificent in his rage, and it made me hate him all the more. The tension thrumming through his muscles was enough to turn him into cold, hard stone.

"Baba made the mistake of..." I cut off not sure how to phrase this whole debacle. His mouth pursed and I swallowed.

God, I was losing him. Taimoor was the only one who could help get us out of financial ruin. My parents mistake was going to cost us all our futures. Even if I decided to let things be, my sister would suffer. She was an innocent, and she deserved better. A chance at a new life, filled with opportunities. I shoved my chin up and gathered my brittle wits.

"Tell me."

"He trusted the wrong person."

"Where is the program? Where is the White Rose?"

"Lost."

"Lost," his lips formed the words as if he could not understand them. He paused as the temperature of his voice plummeted. "You're telling me that a program, that has been created over the time span of 10 years has been... lost."

"Yup," I answered plopping the 'p' with a small smack hating the nonchalant attitude I was being forced to play. Mama had strictly advised me to not let him get under my skin. To have the upper hand through out the conversation.

"I don't believe you."

"You don't have to."

"So what did you bring? An empty USB drive? Filled with what?"

"My condolences," his gaze ran rampant, a stained look I wanted to eradicate.

"Careful," he bristled at my tone, his composure chipping away.

"You can't find it. You need my help. My father's trained me since I was a young girl," and I'd turned out to be his greatest disappointment. "I can find it for you."

"Why can't I just use your father?"

"He won't work for you."

"Really? And why's that?"

"Probably because you threw him in jail?"

"Irrelevant," he said after a heavy moment, still in front of me, his gaze burning into the top of my head. "Who did he sell it to?"

"They don't have a name. The company exists in the shadows..."

"And your father just decided to give it to them?"