Ira

Taimoor

Taimoor

❞𝖂ill you at least listen to me?" she hissed. Anger and shame slithered over her face like a pit of snakes, writhing and strangling her from the inside. "This isn't proper. Let me talk to my parents. Forcing me to go with you isn't a good look."

"Later."

"Why not now? This makes no sense!"

She could say that again. None of this made any sense. Not the intense possessiveness I felt watching that shit piece of a cousin try to hurt her. Not the urge to pummel him six feet into the ground seeing the marks on her neck and the rapidly turning purple bruise on her face.

"How did he know you'd be working late?"

"I don't know! He mentioned that someone had let him up. How did you know I was there?"

The phone rang and I held up a finger to silence her. "Speak."

"The police have seen the footage. He entered the building, charmed the receptionist, met a tall dark-haired man on the previous floor she worked on, and then came to the top floor."

"Keep me updated," I muttered before disconnecting the call, my body hungering for violence. Having her close eased me some. It soothed the beast I kept chained inside. Ensured that I wouldn't go tumbling into the dark.

"Asad," she said, clearly eavesdropping into the conversation.

"Asad who?"

"Asad from IT. Ghazanfar mentioned him but I-"

"He probably thought he was a relative," her mouth formed an angry pout and I watched the action like a fool, captivated.

"Shouldn't I go to the doctor? To have an examination? So they can include this in the FIR?"

I typed a quick message to Akbar. "She'll meet you at the house."

"I still don't understand why this is necessary. He's in police custody. It's not like he's going to come after me."

"He came after me, so yes, this is necessary," she froze, our gazes colliding in a fiery clash.

"I'm not your possession."

"Never said that."

"You implied that."

"Why do you always go for the worst possible interpretation?"

"Your tone leads me there."

A cruel, joyless smile spread across my face like wildfire. "It could also lead you somewhere else."

She looked up at me for a moment, her expression closed. I was being an ass, I knew that. She was traumatized and shaken but I couldn't help it. The flush in her cheeks, the rapid rise of her chest had me wanting more. It didn't make sense, which pissed me off. This was supposed to be simple. I had planned it that way. Ruining Mansoor Khan and using him as bait to further my plans was easy to execute and easier to profit from, and if I'd known his daughter would become a part of my life, all innocent and embarrassed and trying her level best to fight with me...