Mens Regnum Bona Possidet

Taimoor 5 years later - Epilogue

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Taimoor
5 years later - Epilogue

𝕸y phone buzzed on the nightstand, I silenced it and lifted myself to sit, stretching my neck.

"It's so early," Daania groaned, burrowing her face deeper into her pillow. Rolling my eyes at her antics, I kissed the top of her head in apology.

"Alyana will be bursting into this room in the next fifteen minutes."

Bleary eyes popped open to glare at me, her mouth turned down at the corners. "I swear to God this girl has zero need for sleep... just like her father."

I schooled myself not to laugh. Daania was many perfect things, but an early riser was not one of them. All those mornings she had to force herself out of the house...every single time, I'd walk in with my coffee and iPad and find her perched on the couch, swaddled in the duvet, blinking owlishly at me when I flipped on the light. There were mornings when I had to physically pluck her out of bed and carry her into the adjoining living room so she wouldn't fall back asleep.

Running my hands along her softback, caressing the delicate span of her shoulders, her slender arms, I turned her over. She groaned as I pushed her dark hair away from her face, her eyes narrowing with a clear grudge.

"Unfortunately some of us like to wake up early babe."

Her eyes peeled open as her head turned toward me. Sleep was sacred to Daania and in the five years of our marriage, I had learned not to challenge the notion in any way.

The warm sunlight speared through the balcony doors, painting our bodies in a soft aura only heaven could create. My eyes traced the curves of our bodies, soft lines that separated her soul from mine. I licked my lips. I wanted to taste her but I forced myself to settle for trailing my fingers lazily over her. Eyes glazing, I inhaled her light rose scent as she stretched her arms.

"Yeah yeah..." she mumbled, closing her eyes and pushing her face in my chest. I leaned down and kissed her forehead, and she drew me to her as I slid my hand down her body, coasting over the new curves, appreciating the difference between now and when we met.

"Would your tea make you feel better?"

She opened one of her eyes and smirked. "Maybe something stronger?"

My body hardened at the twinkle in her eyes.

Crap.

"We've barely got ten minutes," she giggled and shifted, holding her arms on either side of my head and barring her neck. I grinned reaching over to grab the rose from the nightstand and then tucked it in her ear, whispering, "I love you."

"I know," she mumbled, fingers circling the stem, her back against my chest, face tilted towards the sun.

"Maybe we'll leave the kids with my mother-" I rasped. She pushed up on my chest and stared down at me.