Chapter 19

Important Author's Note in the end. Please read for information about next upcoming chapters!

.....

      They locked eyes, he was just about to lean forward when the door opened, both their heads whipped to see a slightly surprised Elsie.

     "Oh, am I interrupting something?" she asked. 

     Yes. 

     But Lyla politely shook her head. Both slightly disheveled from the tickle fight, with Ryerson-Ry on top of her, their faces less than an inch apart. She didn't want to know what Elsie probably thought they were doing, "I'm sorry. I'll leave. Good night. I'm looking forward to grandchildren." As the door closed Ry turned back to Lyla, sighing slightly, he was still on top of her but they both knew that they couldn't kiss now. 

    It wasn't the right moment. But just seeing her, looking up at him with those big, dark eyes, her long dark eyelashes blinking up at him with a soft smile on her lips. He pressed a lingering kiss to her forehead and he noticed how her fond smile grew. His own grin widened. He took hold of her waist once again, turning off the light, he pressed another kiss to her forehead before resting his head to her chest and falling asleep.

....

     They both woke up in the same position as last night. Ry was half on top of her, but she didn't mind, and he had his arms wound tight around her waist, his face buried right above her chest. Her hands were in his soft, dark locks, both of them carrying smiles. 

     If there was one thing that Lyla had learned about Ry over their time sharing the bed, was that he was a cuddler. If he didn't have the whole bed and didn't have anyone to go to, he would roll around hugging a pillow. But now instead of a pillow, even if he slept on one side of the bed, not even one hour later, in his asleep self would spin around, wrapping his arm tightly around Lyla's middle. It was absolutely adorable. Especially how he would get pink the following morning, saying he wouldn't do it again only for the next morning to be found in the same position. He had stopped bothering to apologize after a while.

    "We should go get breakfast," Lyla said after a bit.

     "Do we have to?" Ry asked, wrapping his arms even tighter around her. She laughed.

     "What're your parents going to think?" he groaned, getting off her. She kissed his cheek and headed to the bathroom. Ry touched his cheek, smiling. When they got down, Elsie and Richard were already eating breakfast. They smiled at them, but it looked a bit like smirks. Elsie had clearly told her husband what she saw last night. As they sat at the table as well Lyla kept moving.

      "Are you alright, dear?" Elsie asked. Lyla smiled at her.

     "I'm fine," she said, "it's just my waist hurts a little, it's nothing." sleeping in one position for the whole night does that to you, she scolded herself. Elsie smirked though.

      "Of course, after what you did last night, using your sound-proof walls, that's completely normal," Elsie said. Richard covered his snicker with a cough. Lyla just stared at Elsie, wanting to argue, but she really couldn't without saying the word that surely make things even more awkward. So she shut up, her skin getting hot. She looked up to see Ry smirking slightly, oh was the idiot liking this? she kicked him under the table but he barely reacted, "Speaking of," Elsie said, "when can I expect kids?" Lyla and Ry choked on their food.

      "N-not now, Mum," he said. Elsie frowned but didn't say anything. God, help them. That was the day Elsie and Richard left back home and Lyla and Ry had permanently decided that she should settle on the bed.