Part 27

"Alllllllright here you go. I hope it's to your liking."

He placed our plates in front of me on the living room table and asked if I found something to watch yet. The food looked and smelled really good. This is the first meal I've had in a long time that was more than a couple bites. I haven't had much of an appetite til today. He kept a good distance away from me while watching the movie which I was very grateful for.

"This is nice. Thank you for letting us do this. The food was extremely delicious. Where did you learn to cook?"

"Of course. I'm glad you're feeling better and from your grandfather actually. He was a chef for this great restaurant and he wanted me to take over but I wanted to go in a different direction. Your dad never got into cooking but I enjoy it."

"Well you should have because that was amazing."

"Well thank you. I'll take the dishes out."

"No why don't you leave it til the movie's over and I can help you wash and put them away?"

"Okay." He looked very surprised.

"Do you wanna sit closer to me?"

This definitely took him by surprise but he didn't reject my offer. He scooted close enough to where his legs were now touching mine. I could tell he wasn't at ease so I slowly put his arm over me and I curled up closer to him. He felt very stiff but after a few minutes, he began to relax and held onto me tighter. I felt sick. I wanted to be as far away from him as possible but I need him to start trusting me. He pulled a blanket that was folded behind us on the top of the couch and covered us with them. I imagined I was with anyone else but him.

When the movie was over, I asked him if we could watch something else and he cheerfully agreed. I let it play a while before making my move. I looked up at him until he met my gaze. He stared at me and I could hear his breathing getting heavier and he looked a bit scared. I reached my hand up and touched his face. He flinched and then let himself relax into my hand. I sat up and straddled him. I kissed him and he was taken back. He looked at me and returned the kiss hard. I could feel him getting excited and he pushed me onto the couch and got on top of me. His hands start roaming my body as I start looking for the knife in the fold of the couch.

The more he moved, the further the knife got from my grip. I could barely feel it. I kept reaching for it until I felt the blade. I tried to grab it with my fingertips. I finally got ahold of the handle and by the time he realized I was looking for something, I took the knife and jammed it into his neck. I pulled it out and pushed him off me and couldn't stop stabbing him. All the memories of him hurting me and my mother and the torture I've been through the past couple weeks. I kept seeing my mother's face in my mind and when I snapped out of it, I couldn't recognize the guy under me. I lost count of how many times I stabbed him.

I dropped the knife and cried. I couldn't believe he was dead and I killed him. I imagined him dead for years; attending his funeral just to smile and know it was finally over. It seemed like an eternity before I could get up. Still in shock, I walked out of the room and looked for an exit. I came to the end of the hallway and to my surprise, the door was unlocked. I pushed it open and came out into the darkness. I was free but still had no idea where I was. I remembered seeing the car out front. I was going to need keys. Got to go back into the place I was at for God knows how long.
.....................................................................

"Harmony? You ready?"

"Yeah. I've been waiting for this for a long time."

"Alright, well let's head in."

"Lets."

Everyone here was crying and looking at me like I had lost the most important person in my life. The pastor signaled me over and patted me on the back when I reached the podium.

"Victor. What could I possibly say about this man you all don't already know? My uncle was full of unachievable dreams, passionate and he was ... lost. He lived his life waiting for a life he believed wronged him. He hurt many people and people had hurt him as well. The way he died was horrific. I hope they will find the person that did this all to us. My mother and I were reunited for a very short amount of time but I am grateful for every second I got. I have come to peace knowing she is finally at rest and I will see her again."

"And your uncle." The pastor added.

"Oh. Yeah. Him too. Thank you all for coming out. It means a lot."

I walked down the aisle and out the door not looking back.

We drove to my mother's grave next. I took a second before getting out of the car to view the scenery and happy my mother was in a beautiful place.

"Mom. I miss you everyday. Have missed you every single day and I'm sorry we had to have our last in the way we did. I will never forget you giving your last breath to save my life. I promise I will not waste it. I will love and live my life to the fullest. I don't want to miss out on anything and I hope you're with your prince up there. Say hi to daddy for me will you? My other promise is I will visit Victor's grave sometimes and when I do, I will dance on his grave like there's no tomorrow. And if people ask why, I'll simply answer he loved dancing and that it was his dying wish that I wouldn't be sad when he died. I love you mom."

"I'm sorry I never got to meet you but I will also be making you a promise that I will love your daughter for the rest of our lives and you won't have to worry about her being sad because I will be there to lift her up."

"You better keep that promise Toby."

"I will. I love you. Let's get out here."

..................................................................

I will always have a spot for Christian in my heart. When I came back, he was gone and Toby said he hadn't heard from him since their last tv appearance. I thought I'd never see him again.. until I did.