Part 17

"Well this is fun huh?  Doing what we always said we were going to do?"

"It would have been better if you were actually my g-" he stopped talking.

        I did not want to answer to that.  I know it's stupid but I still think about Christian; the way he looked at me, the way he smiled, the way he always knew how to make me laugh and feel special.  But I have to realize that it was all fake; I was part of some kind of game and I just want to forfeit.  I loved Josh but not in the way I loved Christian or Toby; no, Josh was just a really good friend that I could have seen myself with, if my life was different.  I have always loved Toby; maybe this was one of life's lessons screwing with me for messing up destiny.  If I wasn't to have Christian or Josh, then I was made to have Toby.  If there was ever a time I did something crazy, this was one of them.

"Pull over Toby."

"What?"  He looked at me very confused.

"Pull over!"

"Why?!"

"Do it before I change my mind."

....................................................................................................................................................................................

"Wake up baby.  I'm so sorry Harmony.  I couldn't stop him, please forgive me."

"It's okay mommy, it wasn't your fault.  You're too weak, there was nothing you could have done."

"My strong Harmony.  Where did you get your strength from?  Because I know you couldn't have got it from me."

"Everything I am is a big piece of you, the left over traits are just what grandmother left me."

She chuckled.

"I'm going to get you out baby.  I'll save both of us but promise me something."

"Anything mom."

"Take risks, enjoy your life but don't become me.  You need to be stronger than I ever was."

"I promise... But mom, there is nobody alive stronger than you."

....................................................................................................................................................................................

I need to take control of my life again even if it's just a small portion of it; I owe that to my mom.

"Okay, why'd you want me to pull over?"

"No, not here, somewhere we won't be seen."

"Ooookay?  Are you okay?"

"Just keep driving until you get there."

        While I was waiting, my heart was pounding and my blood was burning.

"Ok, what did-"

        I took off my seatbelt and climbed on top of him and start kissing him.  In the beginning he seemed startled but it didn't take long for him to adjust to my quick mood shift.

"Wait wait wait, what are you doing?"  He asked.

"I'm going to do what I should have done a long time ago and make love to you; now shut up and love me back."

"Are you sure about this?"

"No, but I don't care.  I just want you right now,"

        The hunger in his eyes came back and his lips smashed right back on mine.

        I keep hearing my mother's voice repeating in my head," Take risks."  

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah Toby, never better."

"I love you Harmony."

"I love you too."  A tear streaming down my face.

....................................................................................................................................................................................

We just laid there enjoying each other's warmth and company.

"What made you decide you wanted me?"

"I realized that I've always wanted you, someone just got in the way but now I'm sure I know I want you.  Just you, and not just because I'm running away with you but because I know I can trust you and you won't ever let me down."

"You just realized that?"

"Shut your face or I'll unrealize it."

He chuckled, "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did stupid."

"Well another one then smarty pants."

"Yeah sure.  What's up?"

"Did you sleep with Christian?"

"I slept with him but I never slept slept with him.  Why?"

"Ok, I just wanted to make sure you weren't going to compare me to him... even though the comparison would be close to nothing seeing as how I am the master of loving you."

        A burning blush crept up on my face.

"Are you blushing?!"

"Of course not!"

"Liar,"  He stuck his tongue out at me.

I was about to say something mean but a ringtone got in the way.  It was Sophia.

"Hey stranger! I thought you guys got lost in the woods or something!"

"We got a bit distracted."

"Ohh... what kind of distracted, huh?  The amazingly awesome long distraction?  Hmmmm?  Where are you guys right now?  Butt naked on the cold grassy ground?"  She was whispering.

        I could just picture her "you guys totally boinged" face which made me laugh.

"I think we're close to the Redford Motel right now.  We're about to get a room.  I miss you; how is everything over there?"

"It's pretty much the same except Christian came over looking for you."

"What did you tell him?"

"That he was a jerk and I'm happy you left his dumbass."

"Thank you Sophia."

"Anytime babe."

"Well gotta get going; I'll call you another day, okay?

"Okay, don't forget."

"I won't."

        Toby looked more relaxed when I hung up.

"So...Onwards to our motel for more love making?" Toby asked.

"You know it babe."  I smiled.