Chapter 15: "Where all things are forgotten"

*The unknown can be a dreadful thing, it can cause you to act in ways you never thought you ever would. For the crew of the RLS Legacy this statement could not be more true as they discover something beyond their understanding...*

The journey continued on without pause and to that Amelia could find a sense of contempt. She knew this journey was taking its toll on her beloved (Y/n), she had never seen him so anxious or uncertain.

Seeing the man who she loved, who was so headstrong and fearless so alert and startled from the slightest disturbance aboard the Legacy hurt her soul.

When she relieved him of his duties in order for him to rest. he at first refused, explaining that he must stay alert if not for himself but for the crew. Although Amelia appreciated the sentiment she could not have her helmsman staying awake at all hours of the journey.

Which is why she used her rank to order him to bed.

And after a bit of arguing he eventually relented much to her relief.

As Amelia now had time to herself beside the helm (Josiah offered to take (Y/n)'s place since a gunner's sergeant was not currently needed.) 

It had been seven days since the departure. They had passed the remnants of Treasure Planet days ago but nevertheless, she admired the small fragments of the planet that floated in space for if not for those tiny remnants she would have never met the man she loved.

Not much had changed aboard the Legacy though.

 Mr.Cresswell was of course impatient and spent most of his time pacing the upper deck which annoyed (Y/n) greatly, or he could be found in his quarters below reading a book or writing in his journal.

However, with the peaceful days aboard the Legacy going by, Amelia had taken her time to make her own measure of (Y/n)'s friends.

Her favorite had to be Josiah, the man was kind and patient and a bit of a jester but never at anyone's expense. The man always greeted her when she did her inspections of the deck making sure everyone did their jobs.

She usually caught the man polishing a cannon or staring at a picture of his wife and child. He had shown her the picture happily telling her of his wife and son who had just turned eight.

He was an open book but could be reserved when he wanted to be especially when it came to his friend's privacy.

She was quite surprised when the man already considered her a friend. Although she was honored truly, she was also worried for him wearing your heart on your sleeve could have dangerous consequences.

Then there was Finn he was...different.

He made her uncomfortable. 

The man was blunt almost to a fault and was always smoking a cigarette, she had yet to find him without one in his mouth the whole journey. But Amelia could say that was her fault she never stayed near him for long she hated the smell of cigarettes on her sensitive nose.

The man was next to emotionless the only emotion he seemed to radiate was sarcasm and he did it well. 

But she did it better.

Which seemed to infuriate the man to no end. But she could tell he had a softer side, one that he rarely showed. 

Amelia had only seen it once, if not briefly. One of the larger crew members aboard had punished a younger sailor for a mistake he did not make.

Before she could interrupt the altercation the Irishman beat her to it, rushing the brute in pure fury and attacking him. (Y/n) and Josiah had to wrestle Finn away by the end of it and fix the Irishman's broken nose.