Chapter 18: Special moment

*Curious chapter title right? Well, something interesting is bound to happen in this chapter, romance of course a tidbit of drama and a surprise. I hope you all are ready for the excitement that is to unfold aboard the RLS Legacy! I sure am, it will be truly interesting...

No kids allowed beyond this point! that's the only warning you will receive! so you have been warned ya little gremlins.

Now let us begin savvy?*

(Y/n) felt the wild Etherium winds of the uncharted course they partook in softly blow through his hair as he steadied the RLS Legacy's course. He knew the journey was definitely turning challenging both mentally and physically for the crew aboard.

For they did not have a clue what was out there in the vast unexplored Etherium space and what dwells there that could kill them without hesitation both spectral and organic alike.

(Y/n) knew what that feeling was like, he had felt it the first time he journeyed through here himself, aboard that infamous vessel of cruel men.

(Y/n) brows furrowed as he thought about that behemoth of a ship with its black tattered sails and steel hull with white accents and the one hundred and twenty-four guns aboard.

The RLS Legacy was now only armed with sixty.

It was the largest pirate ship to ever roam these winds, these and the ones already explored.

(Y/n) briefly wondered if it was still searching for its prize in these unexplored regions and if it still hunted roaming ships.

No, its Captain would have long since abandoned his search decades ago.

But then again from what (Y/n) could remember of its Captain he was one stubborn sailor. If they were to run upon it out here they would not survive long it was a ruthless behemoth outfitted for war.

But (Y/n) wasn't too concerned, there were plenty of creatures out there that could've taken the warship into damnation and feasting on the cruel men who sail it. He once did and was lucky to be able to walk away from that ship of suffering.

(Y/n) scanned the vastness of space half expecting it to come down on the Legacy like a bat out of hell, intent to crush it into dust. However, the only thing he could find was the far-off dots of meteors floating uselessly in space.

(Y/n) shook his head, once again he was becoming paranoid, this stretch of space was not doing well for his mental health.

And it seemed everyone was burdened with anxiety of some sort.

Amelia came to mind quickly, he thought back on her question and his deceit. He knew it was unfair to her, to lie right to her face about his family.

But perhaps this one is a lie that is necessary, a lesser of two evils. His family was truly the greater evil here, he was only guilty of the sin of omission and only because it was better off for her to not know.

It was all so confusing, even for him. But it was better for him this way if it was harder for even him to comprehend the scope of it then there was no way Amelia could ever know.

But she is a smart woman. What he didn't understand in life, she often had a firm concept on.

So the best he could do was buy himself a little more time until Amelia found out just how pathetic a man he truly was.

(Y/n) didn't even notice the woman he was thinking about had just taken her post at his side. And had been trying to gain his attention for the past five minutes.