Chapter 17: Memories

*Sorry I missed my usual chapter posting time I had real-life shit to deal with, bummer right? Don't worry I'm back and (Y/n) is about to discover that something is wrong with Amelia and he has to discover the purpose as of why and now he isn't sure if he wishes to.

Let us begin!*

(Y/n) threw his fist at his target again with the experience of a seasoned fighter and felt great satisfaction when his fist connected with his target which took the hit without falter.

His imaginary target.

He had awoken earlier than the rest of the sailors who were not on duty with a forlorn feeling in the pit of his stomach. He had a wonderful dream that night, a dream about his earlier life his days of the boxing underworld.

Those days were so long ago, it felt like centuries. So much so in fact, even he had briefly forgotten them from the recent excitement.

Now here he stood on the empty deck of The Legacy shirtless, tape wrapped around his knuckles as though he was preparing for an exhibition match.

Old habits die hard after all.

He closed his eyes and let himself drift back to one of the greatest times of his life.

He could see himself in that corner pinned by that six-foot-three heavyweight on Erebus an underground boxing planet, the man throwing those hits trying to break his guard.

The oaf never even seen the right uppercut coming.

(Y/n) threw his fist upwards, experiencing the ghost of the feeling of catching the man's jaw on his knuckles making the heavyweight stumble giving (Y/n) his window to change to the offensive.

The heavyweight threw a desperate right hook in an attempt to gain back control of the fight, (Y/n) expected the man to attempt to retaliate and took a step to the side leaning right as he dodged the hit and threw two quick jabs at the heavyweight's head.

Then he followed up with a left hook making the heavyweight recoil then (Y/n) continued with a left to the body next he threw another then a left uppercut.

(Y/n) felt his body reacted instinctively to the memory, doing the same moves he did to knock that heavyweight on his ass.

He was a welterweight fighting a heavyweight in those days. Nobody expected him to last longer than a single round in that match.

Nobody told him that though, He was after the title of champion of the underworld.

Which was held by said Heavyweight.

Guy's name was Thomas 'Big Tom' Beckett. He was the big boss back then, twenty-four and zero fight record, the toughest guy out there. 

And here he was taking punches from some punk from nowhere.

In the beginning of the first round, it was (Y/n) who was getting beat but endurance was the real heavy hitter not how hard you hit, they were mid-way into round four now.

(Y/n) threw another punch at the man's face which he blocked and pinned (Y/n) left arm with.

(Y/n) quickly punched the man in his gut then back at his face with his right making the man release his hold on (Y/n) left arm.

Using his free hand (Y/n) threw a left overhand right at the man's face the force knocked the man to the floor.

(Y/n) took a few steps back and waited for the man to get back to his feet taking a moment to appreciate the cheers of the crowd.