The Coin

-I knew it.-

I put on my seatbelt and said, "I think you have chosen the right dream."

"Thank you... Joan."

"Okay, let's go home."

"Um... I... My shift is done an hour ago."

"Oh, why you didn't tell me?" he surprised me

"You needed me, so..."

He made me feel terrible; he was taking the humiliation in non-working hours; I didn't think that an apology would solve the problem.

"Where do you wanna go?"

"I gotta and buy some stuff for my family."

"What stuff...? I'm sorry for sticking my nose, you don't need to answer."

"No, don't worry about it, but I dunno actually, maybe some vegetables and fruits."

"I can take you," I said in confidence.

"No, no, you don't have to."

"Nope, what I did was wrong, and I'm ready to fix it..."

"Thanks, I appreciate it..."

"So, where to... Boss?" I looked at him and raised my eyebrows.

He laughed, "I told you to not call me boss... Hmm,... to the neighborhood, back in favela street."

-I kept quiet thinking that Brandon was able to give me some new ideas and conclusions which can be summarized in one word; the coin, the coin is something that has a double face so as humans, all of us have double faces; light and dark, and we choose the face we want to use it with different people, nevertheless, it's not a bad thing like it sounds, by and large, most people try to use the two faces logically, means; if they like someone, of course, they use the light side, but if they don't like someone they use the dark.-

Suddenly, I realized what he said, "The favela street...!"

He closed his eyes since he knew it wasn't a good place to go.

I continued with a loud voice, "But, that is a Rolls-Royce... It can't go there."

"I know how it looks, but no one will come close to it, I promise,"

I was kinda relieved when I heard him, "Um, okay... but why are you so sure about that?"

He turned his head and began staring outside, "you can say that it's not only my body that qualifies me to be a bodyguard." He smiled and looked at me; His voice changed, the surrounding aura about him changed, he was like another person, -I admit it, I felt a little scared, but also relaxed as I remembered he was my bodyguard.-

"O...okay, I believe you."

As we went near the crossroad, he told me to take the right turn, and then, he asked me to stop for a minute. I was confused because it didn't seem that we arrived at the favela yet.

"Here?" I asked.

"Yes, please."

I parked the car and turned it off. "There we... are, okay... what you want?"

"I need to change my clothes,"

"Huh?"

Brandon sounded like he was embarrassed while he talked, "Yeah... Another thing, don't call me Brandon when we arrive at the neighborhood,"

"Why not?"

"Because... Um, how I can describe that...? People in my street don't know me as a Brandon."

I was shocked, "Even your parents!?"

He laughed, "No, no, except my parents all others know me as CJ..."

He kept gazing at me, waiting to answer, but I didn't want to know his past, plus he confirmed my theory; everyone is a coin.

"Alright then, go change your clothes... CJ."

I turned on the car.

He began removing his suit and pants, until I yelled, "Wow, Wow, what you are doing...? I don't need to see your... things. Go out!"

He kept removing, without talking to me whereas I was yelling at him, and when he held his pant he took it off fast and screamed at me.

I was surprised by his action, immediately covered my eyes. I stayed for a moment in that position waiting, but he wasn't moving. I opened my eyes a little, but I found him wearing loose shorts under the pants.

"Ow, you are wearing a..." it was weird.

-Brandon... I mean CJ finished taking his clothes, I was surprised; he had other clothes under him, however, that wasn't why I was surprised. The type of clothes made me surprise, he looked like a gang member; the necklace, the baggy T-shirt...-

He figured out that I was questioning, "I know what in your head... the thing is... To live here you need to earn respect and that is the only way, my friend."

He patted on my shoulder and completed his speech, "That's why I always wanted to be a delivery man because they live a simple life, no worries, no responsibilities..." he began waving with his hand, trying his best to explain himself and talking deeper from his heart, "... Hi Ms. Ross! Hey Jerry! How are you doing? Hey Uncle Todd... Just, peace... and the important thing are; no double faces."

Here, I interrupted him, "everyone is double faces... everyone."

He stared into my eyes for a moment and looked away; I felt like I destroyed his dream by the statement I said.

On the entire road, we stayed silent, except as he told me to stop for him to go and buy his stuff.

I asked him if I could go. First, he refused, and when I insisted, he told me to park the car, and when I did, he took a red pencil from his pocket and drawn on the car's glass. I got irate and punched him in the face, but he said nothing. – He is built differently.-

As he finished, I went to see what he wrote; it was a reversed CJ, and I understood that it was some symbol to protect the car, so I followed him.

We entered the mall; he went to the organic stuff side, and I was thinking to take some gifts for his family members.

I took the most expensive makeup for his little sisters. And for his mom, I thought about a robe, but I needed her body measures.

It was impossible to find Brandon in the mall, so I've decided to go where the car is. I was sure that his phone was there in the suit he left.

Quickly, I ran out, heading to the parking, to block D, place number 25, and when I arrived, the car vanished.