9. Understanding Silence. But wait?

TW: Mentions of abuse(bruises and blood)

-Timeskip to Thursday(classes have started up again)-
-Sals pov-

I zoned out for half of my classes. It was only stupid introductions. It was like that yesterday aswell. I was currently in my 6th period. The teacher, who's name I haven't learned yet, was calling role.

"Travis?" "Travis Phelps" "So he's absent." I looked to where our assigned seats had been. He sat diagonal from me. And sure enough, blondie wasn't here. I thought this was a bit weird. Travis never really missed school. His father is pretty strict so it made sense. He could just be sick. But I had a bad feeling. It's best if I ignore it for now. But the thing is I could've sworn I saw him this morning?

6th period was now over. I could just skip 7th period. But- actually no. I'll just skip. I walked into the boys bathroom and made sure my mask was on right. After tightening it a bit I was startled by one of the stall doors suddenly slamming open. "Fuck!" I screamed almost too loudly. I turned around to see a rather mad looking blondie.

"Travis?" I called out. He ignored me and just walked up to a mirror and looked at his face. I got a peek of what he was doing without it being to obvious that I was looking. He was looking at a relatively new bruise that was just forming over his nose. He walked past me and grabbed a paper towel and wet it. I noticed some dry blood on his nose. He walked back to the mirror and began cleaning the blood off. I thought I should say something so it wouldn't be awkward. "Shouldn't you go to the nurse?" I asked. He stopped cleaning off the blood to look at me. His eyes stared straight into mine. "Could you atleast speak to me Travis?" I don't know why I was acting like this. I'm supposed to hate him. But something about this moment made me want to care for him. Travis' expression changed, he looked lost, but also mad at the same time? Travis opened his mouth. It was like he wanted to say something but it wouldn't come out. He looked frustrated. He closed his mouth and his eyes darted to the ground. "Travis? Talk to me." He shook his head no. I nodded my head. For some reason I felt sorry for him. I didn't feel pity. Just sorry in general. I was about to say something when he left. The door slamming echoed through the bathroom. I would've gone after him but I couldn't. He looked like he was in a hurry.

I took a moment to comprehend what happened. I thought about the previous days. He hasn't talked. At all. That's when it clicked. He couldn't. I remembered the looks on his face when I tried to talk to him. He always looked like he had something to say. I thought he was just ignoring us but no. He physically couldn't talk. But why? Why so suddenly? Did something happen over the summer? I don't remember him being like this last year. Something had to have happened. Maybe Todd could help. He's smart. But is it really my place to tell other peoples business? Ugh forget it! I really want to know and it's not like he could just tell me himself. I'll talk to Larry. Larry might know something about him. After all, Larry has been with me most of the time whenever I talked to Travis. And maybe I'll get something else out of him as well.

-Larry's pov-

Im waiting for Sal in my truck. I still haven't told him about what happened between me and Travis. To be honest I don't think it's too important. It's not like Sal would care. But on the other hand, he used to bully Sal, what if he gets angry? But Sal is my best friend. I can't keeps secrets from him. I pushed my thoughts away when I saw Sal walking out of the building. We haven't talked about it since but I'm still nervous.

The door opened and Sal got in and buckled up. I was about to start the car when Sal stopped me. "Is something wrong Sal?" I asked, turning my head towards him. " I have a question, it's about Travis." Shit. How did he find out? Did Travis tell him. Wait. I doubt Travis has spoken to him. He's barely spoken at all. But there's still a chance. "Sal, it didn't mean anything." I blurted out starting the truck and turning my head forward. "What do you mean?" Wait. Is this about something else? "I was going to tell you something about him being so different lately but-" Shit I totally fucked up. "-Wait Larry. Did something happen between you and Travis?" Make something up Larry! "N-no, him and I just had a smoke together." I mean technically I wasn't lying, we did smoke. It just went too far. I won't tell him about us getting high though. He would actually be mad then. "Whatever you say Larry. I'll talk to you about it later." Sal didn't sound convinced. I'd like to believe he was though. I let out a sigh and started pulling out of the driveway.

A/N: IM PRETTY SURE THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER, SO SORRY ABOUT THAT. BUT YAY, DRAMA