16. Almost Caught

-Sals pov-
-3:19 AM-

It's been a few hours since Travis and I got to the parking lot, he hasn't talked much but I can tell he's trying. I'm proud of him. But I can't stray away from the whole reason I became his friend, I need to figure out what's up with him. Sure, that's not the only reason why, I think he's an interesting person, but the only reason this happened is because something is up with him, and I don't like change. Well maybe there is one change I could handle.

I studied Travis trying to find any body language that could atleast give me some type of clue as to what's going on. And that's when I noticed it, sure, it had always been there and nobody suspected anything of it, but that's the problem. It was always there. No teacher even bothered to ask him if he was ok, nobody ever cared to ask. Not even me. Without thinking I grabbed Travis' chin and pulled him to face me. Travis was shocked by this, his face was red and he just froze. His breathing sped up a little. I might have made him uncomfortable but that didn't matter at the moment. To make him less comfortable I won't make too much eye contact, we all know where eye contact put Larry.

My hand moved from his chin to his eye. Normally bruises fade away, but everytime this one even tried, it some how came back. Sure, I had some idea as to how this happened, but I didn't want to think the worst. But if that was going on, I still want to protect him, for some reason he's special to me, just not like how Larry is to me. It'a more than a friend special. Fuck I'm getting sidetracked! I just put him into a position like this and didn't do anything. Fuck!

I lightly touched the bruise and Travis flinched back. I seemed to have hurt him. "Sorry!" I said pulling away from him, "I didn't think it would hurt too much since it's been there awhile." I lied, Travis nodded his head to tell me that I was forgives me or that it was okay.
I obviously knew it would hurt, I just wanted him to know that I had noticed it and was interested. If he realized that someone cared, he would obviously tell that person. And that person would be me. "What happened anyways?" I asked trying not to sound to eager. At that time Travis pulled out his phone to check the time. It was obvious he only did that to avoid having to answer. "I-I ha-ve to ge-get home" Travis said, he had panic in his voice, which made me worry more than I already was. "Ok" I deadpanned. Again, I couldn't make it obvious that I was worried, I might ruin my chance.

Travis started the truck and pulled out of the parking lot. The drive would be about 30 minutes so we would probably get there a little after 4. I had just enough time to talk to him, I just couldn't distract him from the road.

Wouldn't wanna get into a wreck, would I?

A/N: SORRY FOR A SHORT CHAPTER, I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE WAY LONGER!!!