15. Keep me company

TW: SLIGHT ED MENTION
-Sals pov-

Larry dropped me off at the apartments since he apparently had to go somewhere. So now I was left alone with nothing to do. My dad was working late so I couldn't really talk to him, it's not like he would have time even if he wasn't working. He always overworks himself so he never has time for me. I don't really mind too much, this is how life is and I don't want it to change. I know it will change eventually, like when I move out. But I want to savor how everything is now. My dad left some food in the fridge but I didn't feel like eating it. I already needed to lose some weight so I don't think that's the best choice. And, if I eat anything right now, I'd probably throw up. I feel nauseous. Im not sure why though.

I couldn't leave the apartments because honestly, I wasn't in the mood. Getting out of bed seemed pretty much impossible and overall exhausting. I could take a nap but it was only a little after 5, plus I want to be here when dad comes home, I want to make sure he's safe. Guess I'll just wait then.

-Timeskip-

Dad still hadn't come home and it was only 10:30, I hadn't done anything productive yet. I felt feather lonely, it's not like I could talk to anyone. Larry was busy, Todd was probably asleep, and ash is probably with Larry. I could call maple or chugg but knowing them, they are probably already asleep or talking to eachother. I mean, there is Travis? I had gotten his number from Phillip last year, I can't even remember why, im pretty sure it was because I was gonna prank him or something? I don't know.
I think it's saved in my phone so I honestly could talk to him. But like aren't religious people the kind of people to go to bed early? Eh? Worth a shot.

Churchboy

You
Hey Churchboy! It's Sal!
Delivered 10:35 PM

____________________________

I sat my phone down and waited. Im not expecting him to answer but we were friends now so there's still a possibility. Now I just had to think of something to do while I waited for him to hopefully respond. I got out of bed and walked into the living room. Gizmo was still awake, watching tv sat in a weird way. I swear that cat is not human. I decided to tidy up a bit. It took me about 30 minutes. Well it would have if I hadn't have heard my phone from the other room.

I rushed into my room and picked up my phone. I read the text and thought of a response, I was still quite lonely and needed some company so I knew what I was gonna ask. I can't be guaranteed a yes though.

Churchboy

Churchboy
Hey Sal.
You
Do you wanna maybe hang out? It's ok if not :)
Typing...

Churchboy
Yeah, I have to be home by 2 or 4 though, depends on how late we stay out. Meet me outside that one gas station.

I quickly responded with a yes and got ready, I had assumed that he had meant the gas station where me and Larry saw him smoking that one time.

I put on ripped jeans and a black hoodie. I had a feeling it would be cold so I wanted to be prepared. Before I left I wrote a note to my dad telling him that I would be home by around 2 and where I was. I made sure I locked the door when I left and obviously I couldn't forget to tell gizmo to watch the apartment while I was gone.

I made my way down the elevator and wondered what type of fun we would have. At night, the Addison apartments were gloomier, I liked how it felt though so I wasn't complaining. I made sure I didn't make too much noise when I walked out the doors because I'm sure that they walls are so thin that the doors closing could wake someone up, and I wouldn't want to do that. The gas station wasn't too far from where I lived, it was about a 12 minute walk and a 7-9 minute run. But I definitely wasn't going to run, even if I needed the exercise.

As I got closer to the store I could see a silhouette of someone I assumed to be Travis. Once I was sure it was him I shouted "Travis!" The figure turned around and walked closer to me. I stopped walking and waited for him to come to me. I looked up to him and he had a smile on his face. He was wearing jeans that had holes in them and a slightly oversized green hoodie. He looked nice. He opened his arms for a hug and I accepted. He was warm, I liked being in his arms. It's technically only the first time we hugged. The other time which I would not like to count would be when we were in the stall hiding from the teacher.
Travis smelt pretty good. He let go from the hug and I was slightly sad that the warmth had gone away. He grabbed the sleeve of my hoodie, ..I wish it was my hand.. he took me over to a truck and directed for me to get in. I walked over to the passengers side and we both got in. I honestly didn't know he had a truck. It was pretty nice though. I'm guessing he kept it clean because his father was strict or something. I watched as he started the car. It was silent, but the good kind of silence. It was comfortable silence. I wish he could speak to me, and only me.

-Travis' pov-

I wasn't going to accept Sals invitation to hang out, I was still thinking about what Phillip said. I find it hard to believe that Sal would like me. I don't even know why I care, I don't like him. I can't even communicate with him. Though it would be nice to try.

I'm not sure where we are going, I didn't really have a destination planned out. I guess I would just drive and see what happens. "So where we going church boy?" This is the perfect chance! I can do this. I let out a deep breath and opened my mouth to speak. At first nothing would really come out. I closed my mouth and sighed. I calmed myself down and spoke. "N-Nowhere" I'm surprised that I didn't stutter more than that. But I did it! I smiled to myself. "Holy shit! You spoke!" I hummed in response, smiling more but still keeping my eyes on the road. "So do you just not have a plan of where to go?" I nodded my head.

It was silent for a little more until Sal spoke up. "Hey go over there!" I looked over to Sal and then to where he was pointing. He pointed at an empty parking lot. I slowed down and turned into the parking lot. "Let's just stay here for awhile Trav" Sal said calmly, wait Trav? I'm pretty sure he's called me that before. I kinda like it. I looked over to Sal, he was already looking at me so we just made eye contact. He had a blank expression. I mean he had no choice. The mask he wore covers up his emotions. The only way you can see what he's thinking is by looking at his eyes. And even those don't tell you much. I noticed I was staring and felt my face go red. I turned away to hide my blush and I heard Sal laugh a bit. He has a nice laugh. And a nice voice. "Why so flustered Travis?" Sal said jokingly. This caused me to go even more red.

Hanging out with Sal is fun. Maybe I could like him in that way.