From You

I know that whatever I give Itachi, he'll say he likes it

He always does that but I can never tell if he really likes it or not.

What if I just put it in front of his house, say "happy birthday," then run. He can't chase after me because it's his own birthday.

I don't even know what he likes so I got him what I like. We aren't that different. He likes red, I like red, he likes dango, I like dango; we're basically the same.

Hopefully he likes birds.

Maybe it's not enough? It's only a scroll and it isn't really an attack, I just think that it's cool.

He's not going to like it.

That's fine I'm just going to go back home. There's going to be a lot of people because his family is so popular. They won't even notice me not being there.

"Itachi! Y/n is here."

What.

I look up and somehow I'm in front of the open door with Mikoto smiling at me. How did I walk all the way here without looking up?

"Are you going to come inside?"

Mikoto is really pretty. She's also really nice. I didn't someone could be both because Fujimoto is friends with this pretty lady but I know that she hates me.

She's always glaring at me and when ever she tells me that Fujimoto wants to train, that's really the only time she smiles.

I know that she wouldn't be able to last a minute training with Fujimoto but whatever, she can smile all she wants, I don't care.

"I just wanted to see Itachi, I have to go back."

Mikoto always looks so sad when I'm around, I hope I'm not making her sad.

"If you ever need somewhere to go, or you just don't want to go home one day, you can always come here. Itachi is really lucky to have friend like you, and you're a really good person Y/n."

Then she just smiles and leaves while Itachi comes to stand in front of me.

I'm not sure why but now I feel like crying. She didn't even say anything to make me cry but I can't tell if it made me happy or sad.

"Hi Y/n."

Itachi seems to always be smiling which is nice.

I put the scroll behind my back. I'm pretty sure he saw it but I'm going to pretend that he didn't.

"I just wanted to say happy birthday."

I tried smiling but I'm not sure if that's what it looked like since whenever I smile, he smiles. He frowned this time which makes me a little sad but I really did try to smile.

I don't really have anything else to say so I move to the next part of my plan which is to run. I don't want him to know I'm running so I turn and walk faster than I normally would.

He grabs my wrist, like always. I feel like I should have known that this wasn't going to work the way I wanted it to.

"You aren't staying?"

I mean I don't actually have to go back since no one is waiting for me, but I don't know anybody here and I don't want to have to follow him around.

"Fujimoto is waiting for me."

He's still frowning. He didn't even say why. Maybe I'm supposed to know, but I don't. I'm good at reading people's emotions, but I have no idea why they have those emotions.

"You told us that he left on a mission."

Oh yeah.

I forgot that I told them that. He said he had to leave for some mission so that part is true, but now he knows I'm lying.

So now what.

I use to never tell people anything that was connected to me, now whenever I see Itachi or Shisui I just talk.

That's not really true since I usually talk the least out of all of us, but I talk a lot more than I used to.

I'm trying hard to come up with something to say but I can't think of anything that I would be able to get away with.

He lifts my arm from the wrist that he's still holding onto and the scroll is up where he can see it.

"What's that?"

He's ruining my plan of saying "happy birthday," then running. Obviously.

"I don't know what you like so I got you something I like. Well it's not really anything actually. You can only do it with your sharingan so it's a genjutsu, and it doesn't actually do any damage but I'm sure you can find a way that makes it useful for you.-"

Now he's laughing. Like laughing a lot for someone who was just frowning at me.

It's nice though. He always has a small smile on his face but he doesn't laugh this hard that often.

I would like to know what he's laughing at. I've had people laugh at me before but not Itachi, it's weird.

"Sorry, I'm not laughing at you. I've just never seen you act nervous, or say that much at one time. Whatever it is, I'm sure that it's going to be great."

How would he know that? "How do you know it's going to be great?"

He's not frowning anymore, he's smiling, "because it's from you."

I don't know what to say to that. He always says things that no one has ever said to me.

It's nice, but now he's pulling me into his house, and I feel like I should be fighting harder to leave.

"Now that I know you don't have to be home, let's go find Shisui."

There's adults sitting and taking with Itachi's dad so we just go around them. He looks up and notices me with Itachi.

I'm pretty sure he didn't, but I can't help but feel like Fujimoto told him that I know the deal. He used to never pay attention to me, but now he always seems to notice me when I'm around.

It doesn't take long for us to find Shisui since he's laughing louder than anyone else.

There aren't a lot of people around and I recognize most of them so it probably won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

Shisui immediately starts crushing me when he sees me but I don't mind, his hugs are nice.

They make me happy.

"I knew you'd be here. Itachi thought you wouldn't come and was crying but I knew you would."

Itachi pulls me back from Shisui and shakes his head, "I was not crying."

"He wasn't, but he looked like he was."

"No I didn't."

I couldn't stop laughing. I've never seen people argue without being mad at each other.

They both stopped and looked at me but I couldn't stop smiling. It made me happy.

They made me happy.