Chapter 25, Beginning Of A Beautiful Dream

_Author Pov_

Tanjiro took a seat beside you while Zenitsu and Inosuke sit somewhere else. Tanjiro proceed to tell Rengoku about how he saw his childhood life flashed before his eyes when he was fighting the lowermoon and about Hinokami Kagura. He was hoping that the Flame Pillar would know something about it.

'' Well, i dunno! This is the first time I've ever heard of Hinokami Kagura!! But it's great how your father applied Kagura into fighting! Well enough about that topic! ''

'' Ehh!? Can't you help a bit more?! '' Tanjiro was taken a back by his lack of seriousness. The last time he asked Y/n and Shinobu about it, they were like this too. He was surprised by their nonchalant attitude.

'' You should be my Tsuguko, my discipline! I'll look after you! '' Rengoku exclaims once more, staring at nothing.

'' Not so fast! What are you looking at?! ''

'' Flame breathing has a long history! '' Rengoku continues, completely ignoring Tanjiro's comment.

'' In all age,flame and water swordmen has been among the Hashira. Flame,water, thunder, stone and wind are the basic type of breathing the other breathing branch off from the normal ones. For example, mist is branch out from wind. what color is your katana Mizoguchi?! ''

'' My name is Kamado. The color is black! '' Tanjiro answered, which Rengoku replied with a laugh. '' A black sword,huh? Well, isn't that unfortunate?''

Their conversation become boring as you put your attention to your food. Their voices were blocked as you let your mind wander off.

When Rengoku tells him about the seriousness of the situation, Zenitsu freaks out. He started yelling and tries to get off the train, which is impossible.

'' EEEEKKKKK!!!! SO WE'RE NOT HEADING TO WHERE THE DEMON IS??! Y/N-CHAN! P-PROTECT MEE!! IF A CUTE GIRL WAS PROTECTING ME, MAYBE I WILL MAKE IT OUT ALIVE!!! '' Zenitsu freaks out and clings onto you which Tanjiro tries to pull him off you.

Just then, the man who was supposed to check people's tickets arrives. '' Tickets please....'' You and the others give him your tickets which he punches a hole on it. He looks very pale and skinny which makes you look at the man in suspicion. You suddenly sense something and stand up. It seems that Rengoku and Tanjiro sense it too. You look to see a big demon with horns around its body with two face on one head. Rengoku then stand up.

'' Look out and get back! this is an urgent matter. Don't mind the sword! Blood demon art was hiding that huge thing, but if you bang your fangs at innocent people, my bright flame blade will burn you to the bone!!! '' Rengoku exclaimed.

'' Flame breathing, First Form, Unknowing Fire! ''

The demon didn't even had the time to attack as Rengoku started to get to work, quickly slice the demon's head off.

The people in the cart were petrified as they huddled away from the demon far away as possible. The demon's head falls to the floor as it later turned into ashes.

'' Amazing....He killed the demon with one blow... '' Tanjiro and the others stare amazed. Tanjiro suddenly remember something and look at your seat and saw it was empty. He panicked. Then, He heard a familiar voice called out to Rengoku.

'' Rengoku-sama! I already slained the other demon! I did good,right? '' Y/n suddenly appeared out of nowhere startling the boys.

'' I didn't even see her leave....''

'' Hmm! Good job, young l/n! Now, There's only one left. Let's go! '' Rengoku ordered to which you immediately followed. Tanjiro hurriedly took his sword and followed you two, along with Zenitsu and Inosuke.

You all went to another cart and saw people running from the demon. Then, you saw a passenger still haven't escaped. You were about to attack the demon but Rengoku stops you. '' Young l/n, I will take care of the demon, You can go rescue the man. '' He ordered which you nodded.

'' You will not lay a finger on that man. '' Rengoku called out to the demon. '' Didn't You hear me? I said u am your opponent. '' While the demon was busy with Rengoku, you suddenly leap and carry the man from the demon.

'' Y/n-chan! ''

'' Woah, she's fast! ''

You continue to carry the man to the back of the train since you know the boys will be fine because Rengoku is there. '' There, you're safe now. '' You smiled at the man who thanks you shakily. You nodded with a smile and went back to the other cart.

'' Oya? ''

Then, you see a very unexpected scene. Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke were hyping and cheering for Rengoku who laugh enthusiastically.

'' Big bro Rengoku!!! '' The three exclaim as they float around Rengoku. The scene make you giggle out aloud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later on, you become sleepy as you doze off on Tanjiro's shoulder. Tanjiro smiled at you while staring at your face, maybe you can even call admiring when you see the look in his eyes and the way he stares at you. Rengoku smiled at the two of you. '' Are you two perhaps dating? '' Rengoku asked which makes Tanjiro freeze in his spot like a statue. '' U-umm, we're not! '' Tanjiro tries to deny and also tries not to wake you up as he tried to explain it to the Falme Hashira. Rengoku chuckled amusingly which makes Tanjiro even more embarrassed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, you found yourself back in butterfly estate which confuse you. ' I thought i am on a mission.... ' You thought to yourself. You were broke out of your thoughts by a familiar voice.

'' Have you finished training? The dinner is ready. '' You stare at the woman who was standing in front of you with wide eyes.

''.....Onee-sama....? ''

Kocho Kanae was standing in front of you. The woman who you thought was dead. ' Is this real? Am i dreaming? ' You stood still on your spot, still frozen from shock. You snapped out of your stance by the sound of Kanae's worried voice.

'' Y/n, are you o- '' Before Kanae gets the chance to finishs her sentence, you suddenly tackle her into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n 's crow, Kurro hates Tanjiro. He thought Tanjiro was stealing his Master attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE,ENJOY!! ❤️