Chapter 39, Tsubaki Flower

_Author Pov_

' It's beautiful. ' You thought as you gaze at the bright city surrounding you two. ' The night sky is beautiful too. When was the last time I counted the stars? ' You gaze up at the night sky.

You and Tengen sat on top of a roof observing the whole city. ' All quiet today. I feel uneasy, but everything seems to be concealed in smoke.' Tengen thinks. ' They're skilled at disgusting and covering their trails. It's likely that Upper Rank demons live around here. If that's the case, It's going to be one hell of a flamboyant killing spree. '

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Sayonara, Omitsu. '' The Upper Six unwrapped her sashes and dropped Omitsu on the ground, instantly killing her from the impact.

The Upper Six then went back to her room and was pleasantly surprised. Her expression instantly changed into a soft-looking face opposite to her usual frowning face.

'' How are you doing? ''

'' Muzan-sama! ''

Muzan look at her and said in a sickeningly gentle voice. '' I can see that you've devoured scores of humans. You've gained even more power than before. That's a good thing. '' Daki bowed. '' Yes! ''

'' But you mustn't let your guard down. The more things go your way, the more apt you are to get the rug pulled out from under you. ''

'' Understood! ''

'' A skilled member of the Demon Slayer corps, a Hashira, could recognize us right away. '' Muzan started. '' On the other hand, aside from those as capable as Hashira, we cannot see any differences between humans at a glance. '' He continued. '' Although we can distinguish them by blood type, disease and genes, things that happenmans have knowledge of. ''

Muzan stands up and called out her name. '' Yes, Muzan-sama? '' He went up to her and cupped her face gentlely. '' I have high hopes for you. No one is as beautiful as you. Nor strong. You've disposed of seven Hashiras. '' He keep talking as Daki gazes at him lovingly. '' You're going to become even more powerful from here on out. You'll become cruel. You're an extraordinary demon. ''

'' I have two requests to make. Will you fulfill them for me, Daki? ''

'' Of course! Muzan-sama! ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' I told you! There's a demon at my house, all right?! '' Inosuke yelled. '' I'm telling you, it was a thing like this! '' He yelled again and do unexplainable hand gestures to show which Tanjiro didn't understand. Inosuke tries to explain once more. '' Y/n, Uzui-san and Zenitsu should be coming soon to check in, so- '' Tanjiro got cut off by Inosuke in mid-sentence.

'' Zenitsu won't be coming. '' Tengen comment and the other two were surprised by you and Tengen's sudden appearance.

'' What do you mean by that? '' Tanjiro frowned.

'' I'm sorry for putting you in danger. I made a lot of bad decisions because I wanted to rescue my wives. '' He started. '' I don't know where Zenitsu is right now. I lost contact with him last night. '' He continued. '' You should leave this District. You're not qualified enough. If there're Upper Ranks here, You can't fight them. '' I will take on the rest myself. '' He stood up.

'' No, Uzui-san. We will- '' Tanjiro started but got cut off. '' Don't be ashamed. Whoever lives wins. Don't misjudge an opportunity. '' Inosuke yelled for him but he had already disappeared.

'' I guess he doesn't trust us because we are at the bottom. '' Tanjiro frowned. You, who was quiet the whole time decided to speak. '' Don't underestimate the Upper Ranks. Even a Hashira cannot take them on alone. '' Tanjiro looks at you. '' Are you going to leave? '' He asked.

Your mouth formed a mischievous smirk at the question. '' I'm a swordsman trained by Hashira. '' You brought up your index finger to your lip. '' Not just one Hashira, I've received trainings from other Hashiras too. Do you know what that mean? ''

'' So you're going. '' Tanjiro answered. You nodded. '' I have another reason for that too. '' The two looks at you, wondering what your reason is. '' I need Upper Six's Blood Demon Art. '' Tanjiro looks at you curiously. Why do you need a Blood Demon Art? How will you even obtain it?

'' Why do you even need a Blood Demon Art? '' Inosuke asked, confused.

'' No, I will not tell you the reason why I need it. '' You said, making Inosuke irritated. '' I understand. '' Tanjiro smiled at you to which you returned with your own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'' Aren't you going back? '' You asked while curiously looking at Tanjiro who looks like he's scearching for something. Inosuke had already left saying something about being hungry.

'' Here. '' Tanjiro adorned a small flower on your hair. You gently touched the flower petals and realized it's Tsubaki flower. '' I found a shop that sells flowers while running on an errand. When I saw this flower, it reminded me of you. '' Tanjiro gives you a gentle smile.

'' Thank you, I'll cherish it forever. ''

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

_Taisho Secret_

Y/n was planning to make the Tsubaki flower pressed-flower bookmark so she can keep it forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~