Chapter 3: Superiority Complex-Chan

School was over and everyone is going back to the dorms. I was already at mines. I got a text from Hirata asking if I wanted to hang out with everyone after class but I declined and decided to rest a little.

'Kiyotaka, remember only a fool wouldn't use his innate abilities.'

A fool huh I wonder if that's what I am after all.

It's been a few hours and I decided to get up and go get a drink. I was at a vending machine when I heard talking in the alleyway. I sensed 2 people there and when I walked around the corner I saw my seat mate but I don't know who she's talking to.

"Suzune I didn't think you'd follow me this far?"

Her names Suzune huh? I'm guessing that's her first name though.

Suzune: "Hmph, I'm far different from the useless girl you once knew niisan. I came here to catch you."

"Catch me hmm? You still haven't realised your own shortcomings. You were a fool to choose this school."

Suzune: "I'll reach Class A soon! When I do..."

"Impossible."

Suzune: "I will ... make it there."

"What an unreasonable sister you are."

The student council president? Horikita Manabu is his name. That means her full name is Horikita Suzune. I then see Horikita-Senpai forcefully pins Suzune Horikita's right hand on the wall.

Prez: "My little sister, assigned to Class D, and I'm the one who bears the shame of it. Leave this school right now."

Horikita: "Brother, I-"

Prez: "You have neither the right nor the ability to aim for something higher. You must learn."

I then see the prez drawing his right hand. He was about to hurt her. I decided to step in and in a flash I appeared behind him and grabbing his hand, preventing it from move.

Horikita: "Y-you."

Me: "You were really going to drive that in, weren't you? Let her go."

Horikita: "Stop it."

She sounds different from the rumours described her as. Is this really the cold hearted girl that declined Kushida's offers.

I reluctantly let go of his hand and he does an instant backhand. Close call. He then aims a sharp kick but I dodge out of the way. That would've knocked a normal person out. He then takes a deep breath outstretches his hand trying to grab me. I slapped it away with my left, forcing him to move back.

Prez: "You move well. Do you practice something?"

Me: "Piano and calligraphy."

Prez: "Oh, that's right. I'd heard there was a new student who got 50's in every subject on his entrance exam. You got a 50 on the quiz the other day, too. Fifty, exactly half of 100. Was that intentional?"

I see behind him a shocked Horikita. She must be after seeing my and hearing my abilities.

Me: "Coincidences can be freaky."

Prez: "You're a unique man, I see. Suzune, I'm genuinely surprised to see you've made a friend."

Horikita: "He's not my friend. He's just my classmate."

Prez: "As usual, you've mistaken isolation for independence. Suzune. If you want to ascend to a higher class, struggle with every ounce of strength you have. Ayanokouji with you around things will get interesting."