Chapter 6: Witnesses

Right now it's the next day and we're all in class with Sensei explaining what happened with Sudo and Class C. This fool is causing too many problems for our class. But this might actually be a good thing. I can test a certain someone.

Chabs: "Basketball club members from Class C have filed a complaint with the school against Sudō. They claim that after practice Sudō attacked and injured them with no apparent provocation."

Sudō: "It was self-defence! Self-defence! They were jealous because I became a regular, so they picked a fight!"

Chabs: "There's no evidence of that. Though, if there was a witness, it might be a different story."

Kushida: "Everyone! Did anyone happen to see Sudō-kun's fight? Does anyone know anything about it?"

It's going to be bad for us if the witness is in our class. If they had proof they were there, then people wouldn't think we blackmailed them to be a false witness. I look towards Miyuki and see her in deep thought. Looks like she's planning or knows something.

Sudō: "Tsk!"

Kōenji: "Perhaps, you'd have been better off getting expelled, Red Hair-kun. Your presence is hardly beautiful!"

Way to rile up Sudo Koenji. His anger problems are over the charts. Seriously he's now walking to Koenji, is he going to prove that everyone was right about him.

Hirata: "Sudō-kun! Don't!"

Chabs: "In one week, there will be a discussion with Class C, with the student council in attendance. Depending on how it turns out, there may be a forfeiture of points, as well as disciplinary measures for Sudō."

After Sensei leaves everyone starts discussing Sudo's problem and blames him for the delay.

Ike: "And it's all Sudō's fault."

Yamauchi: "Another month of living with zero points."

Shinohara: "Maybe we'd have been better off if he had been expelled."

Satō: "I hear you ..."

Horikita: "Do you agree with them? That Sudō-kun should have been expelled."

Me: "I don't have an opinion. What do you think, as one of the people who helped him?"

Horikita: "At the moment, we have 130 points. That's barely much. If we had been penalized for losing someone to expulsion, we probably have zero."

Me: "Yeah, sure, I guess."

Horikita: "What? I don't like the way you said that."

Miyuki: [joins in] "That's because your not seeing the bigger picture Horikita-san."

Seems like Miyuki thought about it as well.

Horikita: "What do you mean?"

Miyuki: " I mean, we never know when we might be experiencing losses or gains we can't see."

Horikita: "What does that mean?"

Miyuki: "There might be negative point values we're gaining that we just aren't shown. Demerits for an expulsion might not hit us now, but rather, in the future."

Me: "She's right, for instance, "no expulsions" might be a condition for ascending to Class A."

Horikita: "You two are just being paranoid."

Me: "We don't know how the school system works. If you want to reach Class A, you should eliminate any threats to that goal you can conceive of. Besides, Sudō's athletic, and he has good standing in his club. He might come in handy—"