Chapter 8: Confirming his Suspicions

We're currently on a luxury cruise ship right now and this is supposed to be our summer vacation. Of course the school probably has something planned for us. I decided to hang out with the three idiots for a little while as I'm a bit bored. I didn't want to go with Hirata because as usual, he's surrounded with girls. And Miyuki is shopping with a few girls. I can tell it will only be a drag if I go with them. We're under some umbrellas watching people play in the pool. More specifically they're watching Kushida.

Ike: "I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna tell Kushida-chan how I feel!"

Yamauchi: "Are ... are you serious?"

What's he gonna do?

Ike: "To do nothing and live a life of regret... [removes his sunglasses attempting be cool]...would be pretty lame, huh?"

I guess? I'm not sure, I mean his only regret in life is to remain a virgin.

Sudō: "Ike..."

I'm curious to see what he does.

Me: "Go on."

Ike: "Okay! Here I go!"

We then move to a spot where Ike called Kushida. We're currently watching from the sidelines to see Ike pull off whatever he's going to do. From the looks of it, he's all tense and nervous.

Ike: "Kushida-chan..."

Kushida: "Hmmm?"

Ike: "C-C [immediately bows his head] Could I call you by your given name?"

Seriously?

Ike: "C-Can I? Can I call you Kikyō-chan?"

Kushida: "Sure! Can I call you Kanji-kun, then?"

Wow. Props to Kushida for her impeccable acting. I bet she's screaming on the inside right now.

Kushida: "Kanji-kun?"

Ike suddenly drops to his knees and raises his hands and starts yelling... or chanting?

Ike: [Shouting] "Whoah! Kikyō-chan! Kikyō-chan! Kikyō-chan!"

Kushida: "Kanji-kun?"

Yamauchi: "That bastard. He pulled it off!"

Pulled what off? All he did was call her by her first name. I mean I call Miyuki by her first name but it wasn't that hard and nothing to get serious about. Sudo then grabs my shoulders and looks at with a face full of inspiration and determination asks me something.

Sudō: [Shouting] "Ayanokōji! What's Horikita's given name?"

Me: "Huh?"

He starts shaking me. Seriously what's up?

Sudō: "Tell me Horikita's given name right now!"

Me: "I think it's Suzune."

Sudō: "Suzune ... It's cute. I like it. Okay! I'm gonna call her by her name, too! Uhm ... S-Suzune ... [With peace sign gesture.] Suzune, may I speak to you? ... [With another silly hand gesture] Suzune, let's walk home together! [With a shocked gesture] ... Suzune, oh, how could you ... I never knew you were so bold, Suzune~!"

Yamauchi (Mumbling): "Airi-chan. Airi-chan, Airi-chan ..."

Me: "What's gotten into you guys. I seriously don't get it."

Sudo & Yamauchi: "Huh?!"

Yamauchi: "Well of course you wouldn't since you've got Shiba-san you luck bastard."

Wait what?

Me: "What do you mean I got Miyuki?"

Sudo: "Huh?! Don't act dumb, we all know you two got a thing for each other."