Chapter 2 - An Impersonator or the Real Thing?

These people really thought that I was crazy. They put me onto the psychology floor to this hospital and even called a psychologist to talk to me. I sat on the edge of my hospital bed after the man left. I let out a hefty sigh in exaggeration.

"This is seriously insane, and that doctor thinks I'm insane. These people are the ones who need a psychologist, not me."

I took my purse off of the little table next to the bed. I hadn't opened it since that nurse gave it to me. They immediately took me to this floor by wheelchair, and that psychologist came in right after I entered this room.

"Okay, let's call Mr. Strauss and tell him what's going on, then I'm calling Mom to vent."

I opened my purse, and my heart jumped in alarm. My wallet was in there, and my pen and notepad, but that was it! My phone was missing, as well as my lip balm, my car keys and my lotion... I opened my wallet.

"My license is gone, and so are all my cards!"

My heart raced in anger, and I frowned. That Elvis impersonator stole everything from me!

Someone knocked on the door. Tears stinging my eyes, I took a deep breath to calm myself and told them to come in. A middle-aged man came in, one who was dressed in a gray suit and matching hat and had a cigar in his mouth. I blinked.

"Hello, there, Miss Hasam," he greeted me in an accent, European of some sort, and removed the cigar. "May I come in?"

"I already said that you could."

"Indeed." He came in and shut the door. "My name is Colonel Tom Parker."

How come that name sounded familiar? "Hi. Apparently, you already know my name. Who are you exactly? You're not dressed as a doctor."

He tossed the cigar into a bin and slammed his hands into his pants pockets. "No, I'm not a doctor, but a manager to a certain star, the one who took you to the hospital a couple of hours ago. I'm here for one of two reasons: one..."

"Hold on," I stopped him. "Sorry, but you're the manager of that Elvis impersonator?"

He chuckled, then said under his breath, "Wow, he wasn't kidding."

I ignored his comment. "If you're his manager, I have to tell you he stole from me! My phone is missing, my driver's license is missing, and so are all my credit and Debit cards. He even took my lip balm and my lotion!"

His facial expression didn't change. "Elvis wouldn't steal from another person, and especially not their driver's license and their credit cards. I can't say anything about the lip balm and lotion, though."

I really couldn't believe this. "Then it must be those men with him! I want my stuff back!"

"I can assure you that Elvis and the Mafia wouldn't have those things, Miss Hasam. Now, I am here to see how you are doing since Elvis was worried about you. Clearly, you are doing fine, other than both your feet and an arm in a cast."

I sat up straight. "I sure hope that Elvis is going to pay for the damages here. My insurance card is missing, too."

He nodded to that. "I'm sorry that some of your important items are missing. And in response to what you just said, Elvis would be happy to pay the medical bill. In fact, that was another thing he wanted me to tell you."

"That's a relief. Is he here?"

"He's outside in his car. He called me up and told me of the situation, hence my presence here."

I stared at him for a moment, studying him. "What was your name again?"

"Colonel Tom Parker."

My mind over-worked to think about where I heard that name before. I went through everyone that I worked with, people my family knew, people my family had told me about...