Chapter 13 - Let's Have a Party

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I was working on another Elvis story this past week, so that's why there was another delay. I may post the other story after I finish this one. I'm not sure how long this story is going to be. Maybe a few more chapters.

~ ~ ~

The coffee table was a mess after Elvis left. He worked with me for a couple more hours with my article and gave me very useful information from his childhood up to the current time that would be useful to my story. While I kicked myself for letting him help with the article and he found out about his future, he still helped a lot. And from helping, he had a massive epiphany, one that would change his life. This was probably something that all Elvis fans wished happened after he passed.

What did I just do to history?

I stared at the mess of papers, far more than what I started with since Elvis wrote me dozens of notes. They were all separated into years instead into decades. I would spend the rest of the day working on this and putting everything together. I got started and took a few blank pieces of paper and started writing the actual article. As I was doing so, I recalled what Elvis asked of me before he left...

"Make sure you let me read that when it's all done," he had said at the door.

"Okay, I can do that."

"How 'bout you let me read it this Saturday when I have a party at my place?"

My brows rose. "You mean, in three days? I won't have much."

"Yeah, I know. I just wanna read what you have so far."

"It will most likely be just about your childhood. This is going to be a several-page essay on your life."

He smirked in his way, and I tried not to focus too much on it. "Well, if I'm around in your time, then I'll read it then, okay?"

I honestly could only hope that he would be around in my time, even if he was an old man nearing ninety. It would be really interesting to talk to him about what happened when a strange woman from the future came into his life in 1965, acted with him in one of his films, and he told her that he would break up with the other woman in his life in order to be with her.

"I guess we'll see what you do with the information that you know now," I said, and he only nodded. He had an information overload regarding what could happen to him in his later life. "Well, I'll see you when I see you."

"Yes. And I hope it's soon. Take care, okay?"

"You, too."

He turned, and I shut the door behind him. My thoughts came back to the present as I continued writing. I needed something to show him in three days. Sometimes I had to do that—show my subject the piece before I print it. It was a bit annoying, especially when they wanted to read it as I was working on it, and I constantly had to send them what I had every day.

I wrote on, the fact that he would read my words constantly on my mind.

~ ~ ~

Elvis was known for having parties with at least a dozen people. Throughout the 60s, this was so, and I was about to experience it, along with Mary Ann. We both were done up in elegant 60s dresses, and Mary Ann insisted on straightening my hair with a clothing iron. It was quite the experience.

"I'm sorry again, that I burned your scalp," she said with apologetic eyes. "I'm only used to doing it to my own hair, not someone else's."

"I already told you, it's okay. I'm just glad that I was able to experience it for the first time. My whole time here is full of firsts."