Chapter 5 - Getting Pretty Close on the Set

So sorry for the delay, my lovely readers. I hope you enjoy this chapter 😊

Also, I'm not sure who the costume designer was for the movie, so I just made up one.

~ ~ ~

This was my first time being on a movie set, and no matter what year it was, it was exciting. I found myself staring at what looked to be a palace courtyard with a lily pond in it, and people were walking about in the courtyard and off the set, fiddling with the cameras on the stands. What caught my eye the most, though, was the two women in the set, dressed in what looked like Indian or Arabian attire, like what women wore in Aladdin, and I mean the new live-action movie that came out a few years back. The tops to the outfits were embellished bikini tops, basically. Well, one was. I would have to wear that?! I suddenly wanted to retract my agreement to all this.

"Rebecca, you're here!" I turned my head to see the director Gene Nelson walk up to me. "Welcome to the set of Harum Scarum!"

"Thanks. Um..." I pointed to the outfits the women were wearing. "I have to wear that type of outfit?"

"Indeed. I hope that's not a problem."

Those women had incredible bodies and were pretty well-endowed. Me... well, a woman was her one worst critic. But it was a fact that my chest wasn't all that big. The women in my family had strong facial genes, but we all were lacking in the bosom department.

"I just hope the outfit fits," I said, realizing that I was in this in order to get my story.

"I'll have my costume designer take you to the wardrobe room, and she will help you select the correct size to the costume I would like you to wear. Ah, there she is—Deanne."

A blonde woman about my age, and wearing orange slacks and yellow blouse, come up to us, and Gene told her to lead me to the "wardrobe room." We started heading away from the set after the director conversed with someone else. I followed Deanne. As we were exiting the set to a hallway, I quickly looked around. Elvis wasn't anywhere to be seen. Maybe he hadn't arrived yet? As much as I wanted to avoid him and his blue eyes, I had to get a story out of him. I had questions.

"So, I read about you in the paper," Deanne commented as we headed down the hallway and passed people on our way. "Quite the story."

"Indeed," I said as I wheeled myself. "And there will most likely be more about me and Elvis in the paper."

She clapped once. "How exciting. I'm rather jealous of you, you know, getting tangled up with Elvis like that. I think every woman in America would love to be in your shoes right now."

"Yeah, but not in a wheelchair. They wouldn't envy that part of what I'm going through. At least my arms are alright."

"I think that women would give a kidney to be even in the same room as Elvis," Deanne said with a chuckle. "It wouldn't matter if they were in a wheelchair or not. I'm a married woman, so I shouldn't say my true opinion."

I smirked, seeing right through her like she was made of glass. "He has you hooked, too, huh? I guess he has the effect on everyone."

"Like I said—I shouldn't say." She eyed me with a thin eyebrow quirked up. "You don't seem interested in him, yet I suspect that he has those attractive claws in you, too."

"Psht," I scoffed, and she laughed. I wouldn't let on that the man had a power of hypnotizing the ladies. That was another mental note.

We came into a room that was no bigger than my hotel suite, and it was lined with racks of clothing that looked to be Indy as well as Israeli. They really did a mix of attires from various countries around that area of the world. My mouth formed an O when I saw some rather pretty jeweled outfits that were an assortment of bright colors.