CHAPTER 13

ERIER

I trudged back home with my shoulders slumped and a sense of defeat. I didn't stay with them for long. My plan to make Iris fall in love with me had been an epic failure. The moment she threw away the bouquet I gave her, I knew it would never work out. Had I missed something? Did I do everything right? I let out a deep sigh.

It was all his fault. That jerk who appeared out of nowhere had ruined my strategy. I licked my lips, still tasting the awful fishball. We Xyle-ver never ate human food, but I did it to please Iris. It was supposed to be part of my plan.

I entered the room, and the sudden light made me jump. The team was scattered around the living room.

"Are you taking us for fools?" Okron charged towards me the moment I stepped onto the living room floor. He grabbed me by my collar, but I thrust him away. He tapped his right arm, and a neon blue color glowed.

He was almost ready to attack again, but Captain Zegyr intervened. "Enough!"

He went to the middle between us.

My jaw clenched. This other jerk has only served to exacerbate my current bad mood.

"Why did you turn off all of your devices? You don't have any authority to do that," Avara meddled. She was wearing square pants and a ruffled blouse. Her hair was in a ponytail that reached almost to her lower back. She had heavy makeup.

I didn't say a word. I was so upset. Captain Zegyr approached me and put his left hand on my shoulder.

"I understand you, Erier," he said in his low, calm voice. "But don't be selfish. We need to protect you if you ever are in danger."

He was wearing a leather jacket, and inside it was a plain white shirt, blue denim, and crew-cut hair.

"Protect me or hurt me?" I said it sarcastically. He took a deep sigh.

"Erier," Avara said, coming closer. She looked like a sophisticated woman I had seen in series and movies. "This is serious. We are not playing games here. I talked to the council a while ago, and they were questioning me about the status of this mission. I can't answer because every part of this goddamn mission depends on you!"

Okron grunted while standing in front of the sliding door. He had long hair that touched his shoulders and looked awful on him. He wore a loose, checkered, long-sleeve shirt and baggy denim pants.

"You think you can just slip away from this mission? I tell you this! The whole world will be after you, and we don't care if they kill you," he said, making me clench my fist again.

"Ma'am Avara," Sok and Alta popped out of nowhere and cut in on us.

They emerged from the basement. Sok was wearing a black sweater with denim overalls, with one strap down. His hair was flat-topped. My gaze shifted to Alta, who gave me a sympathetic look. Her human appearance was reminiscent of someone else, even in her choice of clothing. She wore denim shorts that resembled the ones Iris had worn on the first day I met her. My lips twitched upward for no apparent reason.

I don't get it. Do I need to follow Alta's "making her fall in love" theory? Because it wasn't easy.

Avara went close to them and talked.

"Erier," I heard Captain Zegyr say. "I know you can do it."

I smiled widely at him because he had rescued me from the others again. He was the only one who could say the words that lifted my spirits. Captain Zegyr has consistently saved my ego. I recall Sir Pasipiko and his use of the word "father." He has become a father figure to me now.

A Past with an Alienजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें