CHAPTER 42

ERIER

Xyleveria, at last, we made it.

I stood at the spherical window of Ieverin, gazing at the vast space in front of me. We arrived safely in our solar system, and I'm staring at the red part of our planet, the Region of Sar.

We have five regions, and it all depends on the degree of distance from our dwarf star. The "Sar" was a sub-stellar region much closer to our star. The "Mer" lies at the farthest and is dark and frigid. The "Viahara" was the central region where all our thousand cities rest, including my hometown, Emeria. "Ub-Sar" and "Ub-Mer" were the belt regions between "Viahara."

Everyone was busy communicating with our central base. We gave information and instructions so that authorities could verify that we were legit. Our government was strict regarding security, even though, according to them, no other alien races had visited us before.

I don't buy it this time. When I learned about the Alpha-Draconians from our failed mission, I realized our world had lied to us.

Our history was mysterious, with so many cover-ups and insufficient data. Still, my citizens have been aware of it ever since, yet we have yet to bring it out in public. I knew that our technology in space travel had come a long way because we had already established a city on our two moons, and Alta was a citizen of one of those cities. But why do they disclose the concept of invading a planet, and what was their intention about it? I'm figuring out some theories on who came up with these ideas. The world doesn't care about our government's aim to expand our domain to another side of the universe if it benefits us all. But we became hard-pressed because we often failed. The good thing is that I met the Alien Convention and learned that this idea needed to be corrected.

"Buckled up, everyone... We are now going for re-entry," I heard Captain Okron's voice say.

I went to the control room and flopped into my seat. A neon light wrapped around my upper body, pinning me to the seat's backrest. Our ride would turn bumpy once we broke into our airspace. Unlike on Earth, we had less G-force, so our descent would be a blast. We had already informed our central base, and they were expecting us on the ground.

I took a deep breath while staring at the 360-degree window of our ship. Due to the rough descent, I felt pain in the muscles of my calves and arms. Our world has three layers of atmosphere compared to Earth, yet the clouds are thick. The climate was unstable, with weather depressions at every moment. I felt my internal organs rise inside my body, and I hoped my blood was still circulating. It was only a momentary sensation, but the pressure of falling was overwhelming.

From thick clouds of black, grey, and then white, variations of colors popped out of my vision. I could see the relief of the mountains from afar. I saw red, yellow, and blue, our forest's colors. Patches of deep blue were the system of lakes connected by veins of rivers. And at the sides of those lakes were dots of glowing light from the surrounding structures. I beamed for a moment when memories of Earth flashed in my mind. I started to miss that world.

The floor under my feet turned transparent, revealing the sprawling terrain below us. I felt like I was flying through the air. I noticed a circular glowing object from the ground, and this was our central spaceport. It looked tiny from here, but it was a one-kilometer complex. It resembled a drawn sun; the rays or straight lines surrounding the circle were the connecting buildings. We all exchanged glances, and we couldn't hide the excitement from our faces. I was here for real—at home at last.

A sudden vibration rocked us as the Ieverin halted. We were two thousand feet above the ground now. A red laser guidelight beamed toward our ship from the ground, informing us if we stopped at the exact mark of the landing spot. Then I felt the pressure inside my internal organs again, but this time it wasn't as painful as I had felt a while ago, and it meant our descent would be smooth. When our ship was a meter away from the landing spot, the floor came back. I changed my gaze to the direction of the ship's windows. From the vertical horizon, I could see specks of Xyle-ver figures gathering from afar.