Prologue

"She is made for big things, Eric," Albus Dumbledore said to his dear friend while they were watching a little girl play with leaves outside. She was just spinning around, giggling to herself while all leaves on the ground followed her lead.

"I know," Eric answered proudly, but sighed knowing what being made for great things did to people.

"You don't have to worry, at least not yet," Dumbledore pointed out and the smaller man nodded.

"She is only five but she can do so much, much more than kids starting Hogwarts."

"I am well aware of that, but worry later, for now just be with your little girl," Albus assured him everything would be fine, although even he wasn't sure if he could believe that.

The woman who was sitting not so far away from the little girl turned around and saw two men behind the glass door. Her smile immediately grew wider when she saw her old professor. "Honey," she called for her daughter who stopped playing and looked at her mom, her cheeks red of chilly autumn weather. "Look who is here!" She pointed at two men who walked outside and the girl jumped.

"Dumbledore!" She said cutely with her soft voice, which even made the great Albus Dumbledore kneel and spread his arms waiting for her. Without thinking more, she ran towards the wizard and hugged him. He picked her up, and she started playing with his beard, immediately wanting to make braids of it. Dumbledore let her. She was the only one he would ever play with.

"Mary," Dumbledore greeted the woman who hugged him.

"How are you? We haven't seen you in a while!"

"I'm fine, just very busy with school," he informed.

"Yes, being a headmaster is a big deal," she giggled, and he waved her off. He sat down with a girl still in his arms.

"I missed you, Alby," she mumbled and pouted, melting his heart right away.

"I missed you too, Stella," he answered and kissed the top of her head.

Upon remembering this memory, Albus Dumbledore smiled but sighed right away. Stella Jones was starting Hogwarts this year, and he gave his word he would take good care of her, but sometimes he wondered if he really could. 

A/N: Found this on my laptop so here we go I guess...