Chapter 2

Stella woke up to fake sunlight coming into the room through one of the windows that was supposed to match the outside weather. She looked at the other window and smiled upon seeing some fishes in the lake. She wondered if any of her housemates have a cat and how it reacts when it sees a fish but can't get to it.

She shook her head and scoffed, "Me and my morning brain," she mumbled and got up.

She enjoyed having an entire room for herself, she could have privacy to do whatever she wants. And just when she thought about that, she heard a knock on her door.

"Come on, Jones, get up!" Someone said from the other side and she assumed it was Lizzie. She opened the door, not bothering to change.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked and looked up only to find about five girls staring at her. She looked down at herself, wearing only an oversized T-shirt and nothing else. Her eyes traveled to Lizzie, and she shrugged. Lizzie shook her head and gulped.

"Um, if you don't get ready soon you will be late for breakfast," she mumbled and other girls giggled when Stella leaned on a doorframe.

"I wasn't really planning on going."

"Why?" One girl asked. Stella looked at them, all familiar from the last night, but she didn't know their names.

"I'm not hungry?" She said it more than a question and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Right," Lizzie cleared her throat, "we will see you in our first class then?"

"Of course," Stella answered and smiled.

The girls walked away, and she heard them giggle and whisper something. She shook her head and got back into the room. She took her sweet time getting ready. She loved the new uniform she got. A black and green skirt looked amazing on her. She tucked her white shirt in the skirt and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Good enough," she mumbled before putting on her favorite black boots.

When she opened her jewelry box, she couldn't help but smile. Most of the pieces she had were with a snake symbol. She didn't even pay attention to it until now, but she loved snakes. Her gaze stopped on her favorite piece. It had nothing related to snakes on, but it was her family's. She got it from her mother, who got it from her mother, and so on. It was over two hundred years old. Her fingers ran over the dark blue crystal shaped into a flat round piece that was engraved so it looked like Earth. She smiled and put the necklace on. She looked into her schedule and smiled upon seeing her first class is transfiguration with McGonagall. For a week she spent in a castle before school started, she spent most of her time with that teacher and she has grown to like her quite a lot. The class was with Gryffindor.

She put a robe on and took a few books with her before storming down to the common room and out on the full corridors. She frowned once again when people started staring and whispering. She thought - well, at least she hoped - people would forget about her already. She was old news compared to the Triwizard tournament.

"Ah, Miss Jones, heading towards my class I see," McGonagall appeared out of nowhere and Stella smiled widely.

"Yes, ma'am, I'm pretty excited about it!"

"I didn't see you at breakfast, is everything okay?" She asked, rather motherly.

"Yes, of course, I just didn't feel like having breakfast today," she answered and the teacher next to her nodded understandingly. Eyes followed this odd pair down the corridor.

"As I heard from professor Dumbledore, you are very good at transfiguration," she said and eyed the girl when she blushed.

"I guess you could say I'm okay."