Chapter 22

Stella spent New Year's Eve with Dumbldore and the rest of the professors who were still there, which is most of them because only Hagrid and Snape went on their secret missions which Dumbldore still didn't want to share with Stella, but she knew.

They had a great feast that night but the vibe wasn't celebratory. Dumbldore asked them not to talk about a certain topic just for the night, but eventually it became the only thing they talked about. They didn't mind Stella being there and hearing everything, they even spoke to her and wanted to hear her opinions. They let her speak and they listened. Minerva McGonagall was the one that was against at first, she didn't want to put such a young person in the center of these awful things, but after she listened to her thoughts she knew Stella might be their greatest trump. After what happened during the Triwizard Tournament they knew Stella was even more powerful than Dumbdore told them she was. But the truth is, even he didn't know. He had to wait for Stella to turn eighteen to finally tell her the truth about herself, but now he was worried he might not be there for her birthday at all. But a promise was made and he was not going to break it.

After midnight they congratulated each other on getting through another year and most of the staff went to sleep. Stella said her goodbye and went wandering in the halls of an empty castle. It was weird having no one around now when she was used to crowdly halls and loud students and lost first years. It felt empty, but also in some way comforting and safe.

This was her first New year without her parents. First celebration after their death. She reached the top of the astronomy tower and sat there looking at the sky. She thought about their tradition for every new year, how the three of them would get in the kitchen early in the morning, have breakfast and then start preparing the big feast, for three of them and some of their friends from Hogwarts. After everything was done they would watch a christmas movie while drinking hot cocoa. People would come over for dinner and they would have so much fun dancing, singing, playing games and enjoying each other's company. When the clock strikes midnight her parents would make sure to first give Stella a hug. Family hug. And then they would kiss and Stella would always act like she was about to throw up which would make her mom smack the back of her head playfully. After their guests leave they would make their way on the couch and keep watching movies until they fall asleep. Stella smiled upon remembering everything and wiped a tear that was running down her face.

Two weeks later Dumbledore hurried towards the library where he knew Stella was. While reading she fell asleep, her face on the book. For a moment he thought about walking away and letting her sleep. But he needed her. He needed her help. He walked over her and slowly woke her up. She rubbed her eyes and waited for him to tell her what was going on.

"Harry's in trouble," he said and she stared at him. What could he possibly do now... "Dementors attacked him and his cousin and he used a Patronus charm to get rid of them and now he is expected to get a letter from the Ministry of Magic."

"Dementors in London? Attacking a muggle?" He nodded, "Merlin, this is getting serious already. What do you need me to do?"

"Order is going to his house tonight," Dumbledore said, "I would like it if you'd go with them. They need one more and I said I would send someone to be there with them on my behalf and to let them know about all the things we talked about. Is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely," she answered, "I would like to get out of here for a while as well...Where are you going to be?"

"I have some things to do," he answered and she nodded, not wanting to bother him more. He left her to get her things. When she was done packing she met him at the Great entrance. He was standing there, his hands behind his back, and looking at nature in front of him.