13. "You were flirting with her!"

Chapter 13

Grayson's POV

"Sorry for the short notice. Julia can't make it, she's feeling feverish." I said to Roxanne, who came inside the gym wearing her usual gray overused and oversized sweater, which I know belonged to her dead dad. I'm sure it's the same with the old Nike gym bag she's holding. Either she can't let go of the memories of her dad, or she's too tight on money that she can't afford to buy her stuff.

"Yeah, she called me. I hope it's not Covid."

"She doesn't have a sore throat, colds or cough. But I'll have her swabbed test tomorrow to make sure."

"She fears the swab test, but she has to do it for everyone's safety." She turns, leaving me outside of the changing room.

When she comes out, her sweater is gone. She takes my breath away, seeing her in her gym outfit. She has this beautiful flawless skin and perfect body she hides under those sweaters.

She's naturally beautiful and so simple. It's like, what you see is what you get.

She always dresses up like a boy, not even a trace of makeup on her face. Definitely, she's not aiming for any guy's compliments, and yet, got all the attention of the men, especially in the gym. She's the type of girl who seems not aware of her beauty, or she knows, but doesn't give much thought about it.

I have known Roxanne for too long, she's like a younger sister to me. I know she would grow up a raving beauty, and break plenty of men's hearts. But she seems to go in the opposite direction. From what I know, she doesn't date much, so I assumed she's a tomboy. But she's absolutely not, because she had a boyfriend, that lucky dumbass scumbag, Archer West.

She really intrigues me. I want to know more about her. I want to know what's going on inside her pretty head. What she's thinking, what's her plan or her goals in life, what she likes and dislikes, what she did during her pastime aside from hanging out with my sister, what makes her tick, what makes her laugh or cry, and so much more.

Yeah, I have known her, almost half of my life, but she's still very mysterious to me. I know she has some weights on her shoulder, and I want to lift them off and carry them myself.

"Should we start?" She asks as we headed to the crew, who already set up the camera and lights at the corner of the gym. My sister Brooke is lying on the bench, pretending to be sleeping.

"Yeah... yeah. So, the two of us will be Brooke's personal trainer. We all know that she hates doing physical activities, especially exercising and going to the gym."

She chuckles, "She just wants to stay in her bedroom all day. It's her favorite place in the world."

"Exactly. We will force her to exercise and lift weights."

"Do you think that's possible? She won't listen to us."

"We'll just try." I assure her.

"Okay... but we have to take it easy. She's kinda sensitive and gets mad easily."

"Don't worry, I'll handle her."

"That's better. I'll just stay at the side. I don't want her to get mad at me. The last time was very scary. She threw a book on my face."

"Yeah, I remember that. You ate her Oreo cookie."

"Correction. Accidentally." She answers and we both laugh together.

Shooting with Brooke was tough at the beginning, she was very uncooperative. She contradicted everything that I said. She did not follow the exercises that I taught her, even the very simple ones.