17. Strange feeling

Chapter 17

Grayson's POV

"One million subscribers in just four months of consistent uploads. Damn... that's a big accomplishment dude." Riggs says when we were alone in the basement.

We just finished our celebration, for the whole crew. We had a blast, waiting for the subscribers to grow until it reached a million.

"Yeah. I still can't believe that we reached this far." I lay down on my bed, suddenly felt the exhaustion of the many hours working late at night making videos. "Sponsorships keep on coming, from different brands of clothes, shoes, personal and health products, and many more. I can't handle talking to these people by myself anymore, I need to hire staff."

"We're growing, and money is coming in," his smile widens, "by the way, thanks for the cash, dude. You've given me too much."

"That's nothing. You helped me a lot, my friend," I tap his shoulder, "I wouldn't make it alone. I owe this success to you, to Chance, and to the rest of the crew."

"We believe in you, dude. You're hardworking, passionate and dedicated to your goal. We know you're going to be a very successful and important person someday."

I chuckle, tapping his shoulder again, "thanks, bro."

"So, does this mean that I'll be receiving a monthly salary now?"

"Of course. And a big bonus." I assure him.

"Oh, yeah!"

That night, I was having a hard time sleeping. The euphoric feeling of accomplishment was there, but what really bothered me, was what happened earlier during the celebration.

When the channel reached one million subs, we all cheered and hugged everyone. It was Roxanne's hug that caught me off guard. I don't know if anyone noticed, but we hugged too long.

It just felt so right, having her in my arms. I wanted for that moment to stop, that we would just continue hugging each other.

Strange, but every time I see Roxanne, she makes me feel so alive.

__

The following week, I hired two staff. PJ, my manager, who will take care of sponsorships, endorsements, paperworks, finances, taxes and so on. He will also talk to people on my behalf and organize events, invitations, meetups, collaboration with other YouTubers, and so on. I also hired an editor, Grace Lee, who will do the video editing, so I can focus on myself.

I also transferred to a new apartment, just two blocks away from our house. It is big, with three rooms. One I use for my bedroom, the second as an office, and the third as a studio, where we will shoot more videos.

"Have you seen this comment?" PJ asks me after our meeting, while looking at his laptop, "it's hilarious. This girl, Marites201 says, 'Gray has feelings for Roxanne, but is holding it back because of Julia. Imagine how awkward it will be if he dates his sister's best friend, and later on, breaks up."

"Let me see..." Grace checks the comment, "hmm... and this comment alone has three hundred twenty-two replies. They're arguing about it already."

"Yeah, I read too much of it," I shrug my shoulders, "I'm getting used to it."

"This one is funnier," Grace laughs, "Chimay says, 'Look at 9:43 in the video guys, Grayson is checking Roxanne.'"

I look heavenward, shaking my head.

"Let's check," PJ gets excited, then chuckles, "yes, you did!"

"Nope. I was looking at someone behind her." I say after he shows me the video.