23. Dynamite

Chapter 23

Roxanne's POV

"Hey, what are you two doing here? The fun is just starting."

I jump when I hear Julia's voice. She appears without Grayson and I notice her presence.

"I'm taking my bag to the smallest room. I need to change, in PRIVATE," emphasizing my last word.

Grayson smirks, glancing at me.

"I thought this is our room," Julia frowns, then turns to her brother, hands on her hips, "Come on, Gray, we need this master's bedroom. We bought too many bags for the photo shoot. My five luggages won't fit in the other rooms."

Julia and I are inseparable, Grayson knows that.

"Okay, you two can have this," he answers without an argument, "but make sure you won't break a thing." He takes his bag and camera then leaves the room without glancing at me.

When he leaves, Julia can't stop talking about the two guys we met earlier.

"Andy is mine," she says, claiming the guy shamelessly, "have you seen his arms? My goodness, so gorgeous! He has the most kissable lips ever, I can't wait to bite it!" She laughs so hard that it echoes in the room.

"You can have him and the other one. I'm not in for a competition. It's still pandemic, we have to stay in our bubble."

"That's fine, we're fully vaccinated."

"But we still have to be careful."

"Ok, ok MOM," she says, mocking me. "Anyway, I find it weird seeing you and Grayson alone in the room. The way he's looking at you, I don't like it. Is there something going on that I don't know?"

I scoff, frowning at her, "you have a weird imagination."

"I'm just saying, because people are shipping you together. I hate PJ is encouraging the viewers."

"You always hate PJ's guts. Don't mind him, he's just doing his job."

My phone rings, it's Archer.

"Aren't you going to answer that?" Julia asks after the third ring.

"It's Archer. He's been calling me since this morning, wanting to see me. I told him I'm out of town. He wants to know where I am."

"Still not giving up on you, huh?"

"I already said no, but he won't take it. He said, ''he'll wait forever." I heaved a long sigh, "I just don't like that he often comes to our house even if I'm not home, giving a basket of fruits, crab cakes and anything to Granny. He's making her believe that we're getting back together."

"That dumbass scumbag," her lips twist angrily, "that's a trap. Soon, you won't have a choice but go back to him."

"That will never happen," I say with conviction.

"I really hope so. I hate that guy. He discarded you like a rotten peach, and now he's begging on his knees, offering you the world. And that ex-girlfriend of his, is so annoying. If I see her, I'm going to pull her hair and throw her to the mud. What she did to you is unforgivable."

Pipa spread rumors about me on social media that I stole her boyfriend. She did a live video on her Instagram, defaming me. She was vicious and cursed me to the core. Too bad for her, her followers unfollowed her. She showed her correct color, and people did not like it.

The other day, she went to the coffee shop and attacked me. I got so surprised. I was cleaning a table when suddenly she pulled my hair from behind. It was so painful; I felt like she would pull my hair out from its roots. Thanks to Jimmy and Tay, who rescued me. The guard called a Police Officer and took her away. They issued a restraining order to her, keeping her away from me at ten-foot pole.

The phone stops, then rings again.

"If you won't answer that, I will," Julia warns me. "I'm going to put him in his place, tell him he's a piece of shit. He should suck his own dick and leave you alone. I don't give a damn that he's the mayor's son."

Before Julia gets my phone, I answer it.

"What do you want?"

"Thanks God," Archer groans, "I need to talk to you."

"I told you I'm out of town. Can we just talk on Monday at work?"

"It's not about work... It's personal. I'll go crazy if I won't see you now."

"Archer please. Can you just stop, and leave me alone. You can't bring back the past anymore. I don't feel the same way. I already moved on, you should too."

"Just give it a chance, we can still make it work."

"I don't love you anymore. Why is it hard for you to accept that?"

"Why? Do you have someone else now? Is it Grayson? Are you falling for him?" He snarls, "That bastard! He's a thorn in my life. It's always him. From my dad's affection, and now yours?!"

"Leave Grayson alone," I corrected him, "he's nothing to do with my decision."

"Are you sure? He's into you. I heard about that shipping from your fans. He wouldn't have allowed it if he didn't have any intention on you."

"Stop it, Archer. It's none of you business."

"Whatever that concerns you, is my business."

"You're pathetic! You're scaring me now. That possessiveness of yours is unnecessary. There's nothing between us. So stop before I'll report you."

I hung up the phone and glared at Julia.

"What?" She asks.

"I shouldn't have answered that. It messes up the situation more."

"I'm sorry, Rox."

"It's okay." I exhale heavily, "I'll just get dressed so we can join the gang."

Grayson's POV

What the hell did I do? I just admitted that I have had a crush on her ever since we met. And her reaction... BLANK. NOTHING.

Shit! What is wrong with me?

During dinner, Roxanne is silent. While Julia is so loud, and so drunk. She talks nonsense and picks a fight with PJ. These two won't ever get along.

At midnight, I carry Julia to bed, while Roxanne tags along, carrying Julia's slippers and phone.

"That vodka knocks her out." She says, before I leave the room.

"It sure did."

"I warned her to eat first. I kept telling her, but she touched little her food." She tries to explain, in a very concerned voice.

"Of course you did, I heard you. You're always a good friend to her, Rox." I put a hand on her shoulder, patting it lightly, like an old pal.

"Thanks, Gray. The place is awesome, and the gang are crazy. I had a blast." She leans her back against the doorjamb, then give me an enticing smile.

I transfer my hand above her head. My eyes are holding hers. I don't know who started it first, our faces getting closer, until we kissed. The spark between us became an explosive firework.