{1}

I walk around my cabin, starving. I don't want to go outside because I'm trespassing on someone else's territory. I sigh as the hunger gets worse, almost driving me on a hunger craze. Finally giving up on fighting against the pain, I quickly put on some hunting clothes. I put on a long sleeved, dark green shirt. I put on some jeans that were boot cut and slipped on some boots. I slowly open the door to the front porch of my cabin and sniff the air. Once I know it's safe, I bolt and search for some kind of animal to prey on.

I stop short, seeing a deer drinking water. I quietly creep up on it, my hunger overpowering all my senses. I was so close when the deer snapped it's head towards me. It started running and I quietly cursed as I ran after it. I jumped on it, tackling it to the ground as it let out strangled cries. I quickly bit into the neck of the deer, tearing the skin back a bit and spitting out hairs. Merde, dégoûtant! [Shit, gross!] The deer fell silent and I started to feed.

My hunger was receding when I smelled other vampires. I quickly stand and look out to see seven vampires coming my way, and fast. I look down at the deer, picking it up and hurling it to the closest vampire before sprinting away. My red eyes kept glancing back to see if they were getting closer. I do zigzags, jump into trees, and even run in shallow water to try and lose them.

I hear hisses and internally curse at myself for giving into my hunger. I always seem to find trouble, but it's not like I wanted this. I keep running when I see one of the vampires hesitate. I furrow my brow but keep running. I jumped down a steep hill, rolling as I landed. I felt my hair fall over my face as I got into my defensive position. I looked up at the seven vampires, the oldest one holding out his arms to tell them to stop.

Fear coursed through my body as I looked at the vampires. I was still on their territory, so why did they stop? I don't linger as I stay in my defensive position, but slowly move back. I don't make eye contact with any of them and keep my head down to keep them from seeing my face. I then quickly turn and run away, back to my cabin.

I come upon the clearing and sigh. The small cabin stood alone, surrounded by the dark forest. A small dirt path made its way up to the front porch, a few stones scattered on the path. I found this place and started calling it home, knowing I could never go back to my previous home.

 I found this place and started calling it home, knowing I could never go back to my previous home

I enter the front door and shut it behind me. I sigh as I look at the barren cabin before walking to the fire place, adding wood to it. I could feel warmth, but I was cold as stone. I could shiver from cold wind or cold water, which I found odd since the other vampires don't. I sat on the wooden floors, staring into the fire's flames.

I never asked to become a vampire. I never wanted to live like this. I wish the person killed me, but since I'm here, I will still try to live. I let a tear fall down my face as I think of my past and how I got here.

{Flashback}

I was walking home from a late night school game and was looking around me, feeling as if someone was watching me. [twilight zone] I see a swift movement in an alley and freeze before walking faster. Huh-uh. Nope! Not going to be one of those girls from a horror movie, I'm getting out of here! I feel something cold brush my hair and start sprinting. My brown eyes were wide with fear as I ran.

Suddenly, I'm tackled to the ground and pain shoots up my shoulder. I look over and see a piece of cement loose and grab it, bringing it down on the person's head, making it fall off. I screamed and felt the pain worsen in my shoulder. I closed my eyes and felt as if I died. When I woke up, I was where I had been attacked, but the person's body was in pieces. I gasped and covered my mouth. I felt something pointy hit my hand and ran my tongue over it.

Dread ran deep through me as I realised that the impossible just became possible. I was a vampire. And a hungry one at that. I ran into the forest and hid, feeding off animals, not wanting to harm humans. I kept running until I stumbled across Forks in Washington State. I stayed in the forest, coming across a couple werewolves and vampires, until I found the cabin. I stayed in the cabin, trying to resist the need to feed, but it would soon drive me out and hunt.

{End Flashback}

I wiped away the tears, knowing that it did no good. I stood up and went to my room, which I decorated with things people didn't want anymore and threw out. A beat-up wooden desk stood under the window as a small stool sat in front of it. A broken mirror was on top of the desk and a comb, made out of wood, laid beside it. A small mattress with patches laid in the far right corner with a holey, thin blanket on top of it. I surprisingly could sleep, that's when I knew I was not like other vampires that I had observed.

I noticed a lot of differences in me. Crying, sleeping, feeling coldness and warmth, and keeping a scar that ran down my back. That was another reason why I hid myself. It also didn't take me long to realize my abilities. My passive abilities are beauty -which I don't like that much-, speed, athletic/flexibility, and hunger control, well to a certain extent and that I didn't go after humans. I don't have a special ability due to my numerous passive abilities.

I looked into the broken mirror and let out a sigh. My red eyes had turned into a golden brown, my waist long, brown hair falling over my shoulders. I sighed as I pulled it back into a ponytail. I stopped when an idea struck me. I could enroll into a school so I couldn't get attacked since I was out in public. A smile played on my lips as I picked up my old, leather bag and ran downstairs. I ran out the door and to Forks High School. I enrolled and was offered a scholarship, which I agreed to take. As I turned around, I almost ran into a police officer. I apologized and ran out, keeping my head down.