{7}

The next day, as I walked up to the school, I could feel the Cullens' eyes on me. I looked up to them and nodded a greeting before I continued walking towards the school. I entered the school and went through my classes until lunch. I walked into the lunch room and sat at my regular table. I just stare off into space until I smell the Cullens. I look over and see them looking at me. I look away and try to find somewhere else to look. I hear something fall beside me and as I look down, I see a milk carton. I sigh as I stand up and pick it up. I go and throw it away and as I turn around, I almost run into Edward.

"Sorry..." I whisper, afraid of the negative possibilities.

I'm slightly scared and I go to get my bag, but I see Emmett has it and is bringing it to the Cullens' table. I sigh as I walk over to their table, Edward behind me. I see my bag on an empty seat and sigh. Knowing what they wanted, I decided to not go against what they want in case I anger them. Alice has a huge smile on her face as I slowly sit down.

"Hi! I'm Alice." she says.

"Y/N." I whisper.

I see Jasper stand up and come to sit by me. I hold my bag closer to me and turn to see Bella looking at us, or Edward. I look back to my bag and stay quiet. I glance at Edward as he stands up and goes to Bella. I glance at the Cullens before looking down at my hands.

"So, Y/N. What are you doing after school?" Alice asks chirpily.

"Um... probably stay home and do my homework." I say quietly.

"Why not come over to our house?" Alice suggests.

My head snaps up as my eyes widen with fear. I quickly shake my as I clutch onto my bag. A calming feeling creeps up on me and my head swerves to look at Jasper.

"Please stop doing that." I whisper.

Jasper only smiles and I sigh. I look at Alice as her smile falters, almost as if she knew I was going to say no. Guilt washed over me and I slowly nodded, making Alice smile again.

"Awesome! We will have such a great time, I promise." Alice says.

I nod, but stand up and walk out of the lunchroom. I can tell Jasper is following me, but I don't turn around until I'm away from everyone. I stop and turn to look at him. He seems surprised at my action and stops walking.

"Why?" I ask him quietly.

"What?"

"Why do you guys all of the sudden want me to be around? I don't get it. It goes against everything I learned about this life." I say, stressing slightly.

"Hey, calm down. We are not like the others. We feed on animals instead of humans, just like you." Jasper says in a hushed tone. "Plus, you haven't given us a reason to not trust you."

I blink a few times, surprised. I slowly turn around and walk away. A small bubbly feeling comes from my chest and I know it's not from Jasper. A smile comes on my lips and I feel a little more relaxed than I have been.

After school, I walk out with Emmett, Rosalie, Alice, and Jasper from French class.

"I will never get used to speaking French." Emmett said, groaning.

I suppressed a chuckle and shook my head. We walk out to their vehicle, but I stop and don't get in. They turn to me.

"Y/N?" Rosalie asks.

"Um... I'm going home to change and drop off my school stuff before I go and visit." I say quietly.

"We can drive you there." Edward offers.

"Um, you can't. It has no way to get there, maybe by a dirt bike. Um... just meet me at the hill." I say a little louder than my usual whispers.

The Cullens looked skeptical, but agreed to meet up at the steep hill. I gave them a thankful smile before walking off. I ran to the cabin and dropped my bag. I then went to my room and looked for the best set of clothes I owned. I growled as I had little to choose from. I ended up putting on a tight fitting army green shirt and some skinny jeans. I took out my old cheer shoes and a sad smile came on my lips. I put the shoes on and quickly brushed my teeth and hair.

My waist long, brown hair hung loosely down my back. I then decided to put into a ponytail, a few strands of hair hugging my face. I look at myself in the shattered mirror and smile. I was happy with the way I looked. I then ran out of the cabin and to the hill. I saw Alice and Rosalie waiting for me and I smiled as I slowed down to a walk. I jump up and land beside them. They smile at me before we run off towards their house. We reach their house and I stop to stare in awe at the house.