{3}

I walked out of the school, I had basically run out of my French class because four of the Cullens were in that class. I don't stop walking fast until I'm in the forest, then I start sprinting towards my cabin. Once I'm inside, I sigh as I drop my bag in the empty living room. Having no electricity nor water, I had to do things manually. I wanted to take a shower, so I went to the bathroom and grabbed my shampoo and conditioner before grabbing a towel and extra clothes. I carefully make my way through the forest and to a small clearing with a clear pond.

I strip off my clothes, except my bra and underwear. I then step into the pond and submerge into the water. I come back up and shake my head, water flying. I reach over and start cleaning myself. Don't worry, no shampoo or conditioner got into the pond. After I'm done, I just enjoy myself a bit. Noticing the sun going down, I panic and jump out of the pond. I quickly dry off my body before wrapping the towel around my hair and putting on my other set of clothes.

That's when I smell them. I panic more and grab my bag, stuffing my dirty clothes in it and my shoes. I quickly unwrap the towel from my hair and shove it into my bag, my damp hair falling down to my waist. I shoulder my bag and run. As I'm running, I remembered I left my shampoo and conditioner back at the pond. Anger courses through me and I let out a hiss.

"Idiote!" I yell in French, causing birds to fly away.

I hear and smell them coming closer, so I try to do something risky. Once I get to the steep hill, I let my body slide across the ground, skidding down the hill's wall. Half way down, my foot hits a rock and I tumble downwards. I push off the hill's wall and land on the ground. I jump up and grab onto a tree branch, which broke and I quickly jump again onto another branch.

I look down and see dirt and grass stains on my clothes. So much for cleaning myself. I shakily stand up on the branch and look over to see the Cullens looking back at me. I suddenly see something come flying towards me and I catch them with ease. I look down to see my shampoo and conditioner. I turn around and walk away from them, making a mental note to thank them later.

I go to school the next day and notice Edward wasn't at school. I shrugged it off as nothing and went on with my day. I was in gym class when a volleyball came flying towards me and I put my arms up to shield my face. The ball hit my arms and bounced off. I see the pale girl from yesterday walk up to me.

"I'm so, so sorry. I did the same thing yesterday, but they still have me play." she says.

I can't help but smile at the girl.

"It's fine. I'm not that good either, so I just sit out. You can join me." I say, moving my bag.

"Thanks." she says as she sits down.

"I'm Y/N Newton, I just transferred yesterday." I said quietly.

"Bella Swan. I'm new here too." Bella says.

We made small talk and Bella told me about the awkward situation between her and Edward and I furrowed my eyebrows. I told her it was probably a personal problem or he just felt sick, but I knew it was because of her smell. I could resist it since I had better control over myself. I feel eyes on me and I look up to see the Cullens looking at us with a skeptical look. Bella looks over and frowns. I stand up and hold out my hand to Bella.

"Come on, let's get out of here." I say, glancing at the Cullens.

"Yeah..." Bella says and stands up.

We go into the girls' changing room and I peel off my shirt. I hear Bella's small gasp, but pretend I didn't hear her. I knew she was looking at the scar running down from between my shoulder blades to the middle of my back. I quickly put on my red sweatshirt and jeans. I slipped on my boots as I turned to see Bella finish putting on her clothes.