{2}

I get out of bed and start to get ready for school. I brush my teeth, brush my hair, put on a grey sweatshirt with tight-fitting jeans, and some boots. I leave my hair down and grab my bag. I sprint out of the forest until I'm in town and start walking, acting like I didn't just sprint 20 or more miles. Pfft, what are you talking about? I walk up to the high school as an old truck pulls in. I look at the girl driving the truck before lowering my head again and making my way to the school. As I walk towards the school, I catch a whiff of the vampires from before. I stumble, but keep walking, praying I don't run into them.

Throughout the day, I keep to myself, not bothering to talk to others. Lunch came around and I sat at a table by myself. I was just thinking about random things when the smell of vampires got stronger. I tensed up as I slowly turned my head to see five familiar faces walk through the doors. I suck in a breath out of habit and turn quickly around.

"Who are they?"

I turn to see the girl who drove the truck, ask another girl.

"The Cullens." she says, leaning closer to the other girl.

I listen in on their conversation, wanting to know more about the vampires, which I was living on their land, trespassing.

"Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago. They kinda keep to themselves." the girl whispered.

I look at the group of girls before taking a quick glance at the vampires coming in.

"Because they're mostly all together. Like, together, together. The blonde girl, Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett... they're a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal." she said.

"Jess, they're not actually related." another girl said, pushing up her glasses.

"But they live together. And the little dark haired girl, Alice, she's really weird..." Jess said.

I frown and glare at Jess. Maybe she seems weird because she has a special ability that makes her that way! I was screaming in my head.

"Then Jasper, the blonde who looks like he's in pain." Jess continues.

I'll show you pain if you continue to insult another person! I hiss inside my head, unknowingly catching the attention of the last Cullen vampire child, him hiding a smirk.

"I mean, Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad slash matchmaker." Jess said.

"Maybe he'll adopt me." the glasses girl says with a dreamy look.

"Who's he?" the pale girl asks.

"That's Edward Cullen." Jess says.

I see a look of confusion come on Edward's face as he looks at the pale girl.

"He's totally gorgeous, obviously. But apparently, no one here is good enough for him. Like I care." Jess says. "Anyway, don't waste your time."

I tune the girls out as I mentally jotted down notes to remember their names along with their faces. I noticed Rosalie was beautiful, but looked like a bitch. [NO HATE!] Emmett reminded me of an overeager child. I heard someone chuckle and followed the sound to Edward as he glanced at me. I quickly looked down and turned away from them. Alice was pretty and seemed to be the optimistic kind. Jasper looked as if he was trying to control his want for human blood. A bit of sympathy went towards him, understanding the struggle. Jasper looked up at me with wide, pain-filled eyes, though I don't make eye contact.

 Jasper looked up at me with wide, pain-filled eyes, though I don't make eye contact

I ignored his gaze and acted as if I was interested in something outside instead. Edward, he apparently knew what I was thinking, so I knew I had to be careful around them even more than before. I don't want to fight unless I really have to. With that thought, I quickly stand up, shoulder my bag and fast walk out of the lunchroom. I feel the Cullens' eyes trailing after me, but I don't let myself turn around for fear of making them think it was a challenge. That was the last thing I needed or wanted.