{9}

{Y/N's POV!}

I got out of my poor excuse for a bed and got ready for school. I braided my hair and let it fall down my back. I put on my grey sweatshirt with a white tank top underneath. I then put on some tight fitting boot cut jeans and slipped on some brown boots. Grabbing my bag, I walk out of my cabin and shut the door. I then run to the edge of the forest and begin walking. I can hear two vehicles coming fast, but I ignore them and continue walking. I stop when I smell the Cullens. I turn around to see two vehicles round the corner fast only to stop beside me. I see Emmett on the back of the jeep and I smile.

"Need a ride?" Emmett asked with a smirk.

"I could easily outrun your vehicles, but I don't want to risk being caught. So why not." I say as I jump into the jeep with Edward and Emmett.

We arrive at the school and I get out of their jeep, but stop when I see Bella looking at me with a hard stare. I look back at her before giving her a smile. I watch as she walks up to Edward and glances at him before walking into the forest that was behind the school. I look at Alice and she walks over to me.

"She knows about my family, but I don't know if she suspects you." Alice says.

I freeze as fear flows through me. I hold on to the bag strap tighter before I feel a sense of calmness come over me. I turn to Jasper with an 'are you serious' look.

"Putain d'arrêt. S'il te plaît! (Fucking stop. Please!)" I say in French, confusing Emmett.

"What did she say?" Emmett asked.

We laughed at him before walking into the school. I went through my classes a little nervous about Bella finding out. I started walking to lunch when I smelled Bella walking up to me, fast. I turn around and see Bella come up to me and grab my arm. I gasp a little, but nevertheless, I follow her out to the forest. She stopped when we got to a small clearing, no sound was made since I was here.

"I know." she said.

"I guessed you did since you dragged Edward away." I say quietly.

"When? When did you turn?" Bella asked.

"... I don't want to talk about it..." I say quietly, looking away from Bella.

"Okay, but I want an explanation about it sometime." she said.

"Yes Ma'am!" I say, giving her a mock salute.

Bella and I laugh before going back to the school.

I stand outside of the school, lost in thought. I sense a boy walking up to me and sigh. This was the 15th time these past two week someone was going to ask me to prom. I looked up as the boy smiled. He said some pickup lines before asking me to prom. I turned him down before walking away. I see the Cullens and smile.

"Dang Y/N, heartbreaker of the school." Emmett said while laughing.

I punch his arm playfully and give him a small glare.

"Ha ha. Rosalie is too and honestly, I wish I didn't look 'beautiful'." I say as I do quotation marks for beautiful.

We joke around until we all get in the vehicles. When we reach the forested roads, I have them stop for a race. We get ready and I flash a smirk at them when Alice yells for us to start. I start sprinting, leaving them behind. I can't help but let out a laugh as I see them get closer to me. I was always competitive in sports, contests, and games, so I was excited about the challenge they were giving me. I run faster as they are closing in on me. I reach their house only 0.01 seconds before them. I'm drained of energy, but I still smile as they get out of their vehicles.

"Told you I could outrun your vehicles." I say with a tired chuckle.

"You're tired." Edward says, walking up to me.

"Kindly leave my mind. Anyway, you would be too if you haven't fed for two days." I say crossing my arms.

The Cullens look at me shocked.

"How long have you gone without feeding?" Rosalie asked.

"Um..." I say, looking away.

"One month." Edward says, reading my mind.

I glare at Edward before spinning around on my heels and start walking away. Alice speeds up to me and grabs my arm.

"Wait, at least drink a little before you go." Alice says.

I slowly nod and walk into their house. Carlisle walks in and sees me as a smile spreads across his face.

"Hello Y/N. What brings you here?" he asked.

"We just had a race and I outran their vehicles." I say proudly.

Carlisle laughs until he sees the others looking uncomfortable. He finally understands and goes to a different room, coming back with a bag of blood. I stop when I smell it is from a human. I shake my head and back away from it. Everyone looks at me confused at my reaction.

"Sorry, I only feed off animals." I say, looking down at my feet.

"Bad experiences?" Edward asks, apparently seeing glimpses of my memory.

"Uh... yeah." I say softly.

"That's fine, we understand." Carlisle says.

I smile as he leaves to put the bag of blood away. He came back with a styrofoam cup filled with deer blood. I thank him as I take it. I drink it and feel the energy come back to me. I thank the Cullens before going to leave. I was near the steep hill when I sensed Edward coming my way. I stopped and turned to see him coming my way.

"Y/N. I was wondering if you could come to our house tomorrow, I'm bringing Bella over and I think it would be nice if she had someone she knew there." Edward said.

"Um... but I'm not your family. She is going to meet your family." I say.

"Please, it might make it less awkward for her," he said.

I sighed and looked towards the direction of the cabin before turning back to him. I look at him before finally agreeing to come. Edward thanked me before leaving to go home. I sighed as I turned around and went to my cabin. I open the door and drop my bag on the floor, wondering if I made the right choice in going over to their house tomorrow.